Sugawara X F!Reader Part 1

So, here's part 2 to my Kuroo x reader oneshot

This is for Y-dobon (I think this is the account. I can't remember usernames long enough to tag y'all. I'm so sorry!! And I'm so so so so so sorry for the long delay! But I'm working hard to get caught up!!) I did end up changing some plot points, I hope that's OK! This just flowed better.

Enjoy!!

Your POV

It's been a month and a half since I transferred schools, and I can honestly say it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel..... I feel...... like I....... belong somewhere. Here I'm not just a cousin of a volleyball player. Here, I'm an assistant coach, a tutor, and a friend to those who need one most.

But......

I can't anymore, don't get me wrong, I love being able to be there for others, I love helping with the team.... but..... I just don't feel right anymore, like something is missing. It started out of the blue one day, after I had seen a Nekoma volleyball collage on social media. Seeing my old team, my old friends, it just hurt. They seem so happy without me there, like it's better that I'm gone. Oh well, who needs them anyways, they didn't care about me, just about the strategies I came up with. They made it quite clear that that's all they cared about, when no one messaged me when I stopped going to practices and school. No, they didn't care, until Yaku and Kenma yelled at them. They just felt guilty, that's all. But knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less. All those memories, utterly worthless to me now, just ghosts of the past. At least when I started here, I gained a new close friend..... or so I thought.

(Trying something different here, kinda like a recap of an anime episode, instead of a flashback, tell me which you prefer.)

No One's POV

When Y/n transferred schools, she was scared to talk to anyone, it made sense after what happened at Nekoma. The vice principal had assigned a random 3rd year female to show her around and to keep an eye on her, hoping to bring the bright young girl out of her shell. And it worked, Y/n and r/n became friends, and r/n encouraged Y/n to join the volleyball team as an assistant coach, seeing as the new coach sometimes had issues connecting to the players. But over time, r/n changed, and in that month and a half Y/n was at the school, r/n became totally different. They started ignoring her, and treated her like trash. But it soon made sense.........

Your POV

"What do you mean you're transferring? Where will you go?" I asked r/n, saddened at the news. Even though she was treating me badly, I still saw her as a friend, just not a close one anymore. She scoffed at me, looking like she'd rather be anywhere else than here, but her eyes quickly softened, then she finally gave me her answer. "If you must know, my family got into some big trouble out here, like, bad issues with gangs kind of trouble. I treated you like shit because I didn't want anyone to hurt you. Because if they thought you were my friend, they'd hurt you to get to me, and that's the last thing I wanted. My family and I have to move to get away from these people, we're going out to Tokyo, since the police can help us better out there, I'll be transferring to Nekoma or Fukurōdani. But just know I'll always be your friend, and if I meet your cousin, I'll give him my contact details to give to you." I looked at her, and saw her face mirroring mine, tears running down our cheeks and a sad smile. I pulled her into a hug as we said our goodbyes, when we separated, she got into her parents car and they drove off.

No POV

Over the next few weeks Y/n changed, she still was assistant coach to the volleyball team, and she still tutored students. But she was quieter, more withdrawn then ever before, she was a ghost of her former self. Unlike with her former team though, the Crows were there for her every day, someone was always there to help her be ready for school on time, mostly the third years, they also made sure to include her in all club activities and get togethers outside of school too. But it didn't help, Y/n just seemed stuck in this downward spiral into depression, losing her friend was the nail in the coffin at this point, and she didn't have the strength to pull herself out of said coffin. Soon enough, Y/n started getting sick and missing school, mostly due to her not taking care of herself when she was alone at home. After a week of that happening, the third years forced her to go to the doctor and get checked out.