Witch

Phil walked for miles. He knew of a hut that should be nearby.
He needed a healing potion. Information wouldn't hurt either. Witches were dangerous and untrustworthy, but Phil didn't see another option.
So he walked. Soon, he spotted the witch hut. Compiled of carved blackwood, with a roof of thatched crimson fronds.
This is going to be difficult.
He raised his fist to knock and rapped twice on the door.
A wizened old piglin hag in a purple robe and a pointed black hat opened the door.
"Ah, Death's Angel. I've been expecting you." She announced.
"What? How?" Phil asked, suspicious. Had she somehow seen him coming?
"The Dreamon King gave my ancestors the gift of sight, in the form of a crystal mirror. But that isn't shy you're here, is it? No, you're here for a potion. And information if I'm not mistaken."
"The Dreamon King doesn't exist." Phil said.
"Of course not. Come, have some tea. My name is Kilaki."
Phil shifted. "I have to get back to Onyx."
Kilaki laughed. "Ah yes, your.....hoglin friend. Come. You can return to him in a moment. First, come have some tea. We need to talk."
Well, so far this was going better than expected. But still, Phil stayed careful as he crossed the floor and sat down at the chabudai table.
The witch scurried around, plucking a teapot off of a stove.
"How do you have water?" Phil asked.
"Kiki." She clucked. "I get the water from the eternal ice pool. As long as it's kept in a mostly closed container, it doesn't melt, as you should know."
"Right." Of course. Phil had forgotten.
She placed a cup of steaming tea in front of him and sat down across the table with her own. "Now, let me give you what information I have. Free of charge! The potion does have a cost, but it's one you'll be able to pay easily."
Phil nodded and sipped the tea. It was surprisingly not terrible.
"Hm. Where to start. Wither knights perhaps? Yes. The wither knights are sensing a return of an ancient being, and they are trying to destroy as many immortals as they can. Most of the others are at their nexi."
"Nexi?" Phil asked.
"The plural of nexus. A place of power, where your strength is highest."
" I know what a nexus is."
"The Totem is at his pyramid in the desert, and the wither knights don't dare attack him there. The Astrals are in their starlight forest, the White-eyed one in his dark forest of mist, and the King in his other realm. The demon of chaos they won't dare attack, the Ender Prince is too elusive for them to find, and the old pirate captain lives on the water, where they cannot go. You and your friend Technoblade were the only ones left. Far from their nexi, in an area easily accessed by the nether."
"Techno has a nexus?"
"Of course. You didn't know?"
Phil shook his head. The two of them had visited several nexuses, no, nexi, over the years, but Techno had never mentioned having one of his own.
"Well it could be a sore subject. Anyway, these wither knights are resilient. I know your plan is to escape to the Arctic, but that will only slow them."
"But they can't go in the snow."
"They are reaserching a way. They will succeed soon."
"What should we do?" Phil asked. "We can't run forever."
"No. You cannot. Past the Arctic, there is someone who can help you. Follow these."
Kilaki handed him several spheres. They were smooth, heavy, and cool. Similar to Enderpearls. But they looked like eyes.
"Release them into the sky and they will lead you to a portal. The King is on the other side. He can help you."
Phil scoffed. "The King doesn't exist."
"Well, even if he doesn't, there are allies through the portal. And if he does, he can do almost anything."
"Riiiight. Sure."
"Believe me or not, it's true."
Phil shook his head. "I need to get back to Onyx."
"Just one more thing. Technoblade is not as far as you think." The crone said cryptically. "And.... I'm sorry."
"For?" Phil stood quickly, hand shooting to his sword.
"For the pain that approaches. It is murky, but you and your old friend will suffer. One more than the other. You may not live to see the End."
Phil stared at her. She stood and clapped her hands together. "But you should be on your way. Here. Health and regeneration potions for your hoglin friend."
She handed him a small pouch. "I'm afraid I don't have very many. But these should be enough. You better be on your way. As for payment, I only want one thing."
"What's that?"
"A feather."
".....What?
"One of your feathers!"
".......why?"
"That's my business."
Phil tilted his head, confused. He pulled his uninjured wing around and selected a feather that would quickly grow back, then yanked it out.
A spike of pain shot through his wing, then was gone.
He handed it to the piglin hag, who promptly tucked it into a pouch and shooed him out the door. "Goodbye! Watch out for white rabbits! Don't let the giants attack! Bye!"
The door slammed closed. Phil stood there for a moment, confused.
He started back towards Onyx, hoping he got there before the wither knights did.

Again, sorry for the late update. I've got a lot going on this week and it's taking time to make these chapters good enough for you guys.

Anyway.... hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was fun to write. And don't worry, angst approaches :)