Recovered

Where was Phil? Techno was getting worried. Nether witches weren't meant to be messed around with.
Techno wanted to run to Phil and drag him to the Arctic. But he could barely move.
Suddenly, a tapping on the stone. Phil swept the vines aside and climbed into the cave.
"I'm back fella. I've got potions for you."
Phil walked towards Techno's head and pulled a bottle filled with glowing red liquid out of a bag.
Techno lifted his head and opened his mouth. The delicious red liquid ran down his tongue and immediately he felt better, stronger.
"The witch was very friendly." Phil said, pouring regeneration potions over Techno's injuries. "But she gave me a warning. Apparently Techno and I are going to suffer. And I might die."
He chuckled, but Techno could hear the worry. "She also gave me these."
He held out a large sphere, big enough to fill his hand. Eyes of Ender.
"We're supposed to follow them and go through a portal. Because apparently the wither knights are hunting all the immortals, and we need to find allies. Because the wither knights are finding a way to enter the Arctic."
Well that was bad.
Phil poured the last health potion into Techno's mouth. "So we need to move fast. You ready fella?"
Techno grunted and stood. It was so easy. He felt completely healed. "Good."
Phil walked out of the cave. Techno left the cramped space and stretched. Phil stretched his wings. They were finally healing. He wouldn't be able to fly, but he could use both wings again.
Philza kept walking, but Techno quickly lowered his head and scooped Phil up, onto his neck.
Phil grabbed onto his fur and patted his head. "Thanks fella."
Techno snorted and lunged forward in a gallop. He wanted to get as much distance as he could between them and the wither knights.

Onyx was better. Much better. The hoglin ran through the nether, passing through biomes like they were just simple hills.
Phil could almost forget about the witches warning. You may not live to see the end.
Was he going to die? After all this time? It wouldn't be so bad. He'd see Her again. But he wasn't ready. She had told him to join her when he was ready, not before. And he knew he would live eons more before he was ready.
It would be a blessing and a curse, just like his long life, a gift he wouldn't wish on his worst enemy.
The gift he shared with his oldest friend. The gift neither of them remembered receiving.
Techno avoided talking about his past anyway, and Philza's memories blurred that far back.
Phil twisted to look behind them. No wither knights....yet.
They'd appear soon enough.

One of them was going to suffer? Phil might die? What had that witch said?
Techno was getting worried. There were no wither knights behind them, and they were both mostly healed. So why was he so on edge? It was like he could sense something coming. Like the calm before the storm.
Techno had been through war. He knew this feeling. Nothing good happened after.
But they were only a few days travel away from the portal. If Techno ran as fast as he could, they could get there by tomorrow night. Then they'd have a moment to breathe.
That is, if Techno didn't turn into a zombie by then.

Bit of a short chapter. Sorry about that.