Shadows

"Wake up!" A voice hissed.
Philza started awake, to see darkness and two glowing white eyes.
"What?" Phil whispered.
"The wither knight have come for you. You and the Enderling have to go."
"I thought you said we couldn't leave at night."
"You have to. Just keep galloping and don't stop."
Herobrine hauled Phil to his feet. He staggered, leaning on walls as he scrambled after Herobrine, grabbing his bags on the way.
Herobrine shook Ranboo awake, explaining quickly. Ranboo gathered his things and followed, supporting Phil.
Phil cursed his legs refusal to work properly. His wings, bandaged and weak, didn't help either.

Herobrine led a large, cloudy grey horse towards them. Ranboo filled the saddle bags.
Phil struggled onto the horse. Ranboo hopped up behind him.
"How fast can this horse go?"
"Fast enough, if you keep him going. He's my second fastest horse. A friend named him Cloud. He's loyal and brave."
Phil nodded. ".. thank you for....helping."
Herobrine nodded. "Get outta here."
Phil nodded and nudged Cloud into a gallop.
They ran down the stairs that led up to the treehouse and onto the ground. Herobrine walked down behind them, pale sword flashing, white eyes glowing with anger.
Wither knights spotted Phil and Ranboo and released the strings of their bows, but they were quickly out of range.
Herobrine took care of two of the mounted knights. The last one galloped after the two escapees.
Herobrine waded into battle.

"Do you think he'll be okay, Mr. Minecraft?" Ranboo asked quietly.
"I thought you were mad at him."
"He still gave us shelter and food and a horse."
"He'll be fine. Once he's stalled them, he'll just do the smoke thing and fly away."
Ranboo nodded.
"Can you teleport multiple people?" Phil asked.
"Um, sometimes. It's really hard. And I don't th-think I could take a horse."
He was lying. Well, if he didn't want to, he didn't have too. Phil sighed. "Alright, we can figure out another way to draw them off our trail."
Ranboo went silent.

A shriek echoed through the dark, misty forest. Cloud's ears flattened, and the horse pushed harder.
Phil looked behind them. The wither knight was close, but it definitely hadn't made that sound.
A shadow seemed to grow between the trees. The darkness stretched and grew.
"Um.... Mr. Minecraft?" Ranboo whispered.
"I don't know." Phil said.
A scream, and a dark blur lunged. It smashed into the wither knight, engulfing the black bones.
When the darkness cleared, the wither knight and it's horse was a pile of crushed bone.
The black blur solidified into a large wraith with two glowing eyes.
An echoing shriek tore through the air. Phil kicked Cloud into a faster gallop.
"What is that thing?" Ranboo asked.
"It looks like a wraith. Which is bad news."
"How bad?"
".........We can't kill it. We can't outrun it. We just have to get out of it's territory before it reaches us. But since we don't know where it's territory ends, we have to get lucky or we're dead."
"Oh."
The wraith charged. It gained on them quickly. Phil grabbed the reins and pulled Cloud to the side.
The wraith roared as it twisted through the air. Black mist filled the air.
It's white eyes glowed with malice.
"We have to get out of the forest." Phil said. "This must be why Herobrine told us to run."
"We won't make it." Ranboo whispered. "Keep going."
"What are you doing?"
"Distracting it. Just keep going. I'll be fine."
"No, Ranboo!"

Ranboo pulled on the strings and vanished, entering the void. Stars and darkness surrounded him. another pull, and he was out, landing on the ground. The wraith spotted him and charged, ignoring Phil.
Moments before it hit, Ranboo yanked on the strings and vanished again. His particles swirled around him, yelling at the wraith to leave him alone, at him to return to the horse.
He reappeared. The wraith lunged, and he vanished.
He was already tired. Teleporting was so much more difficult for him than the other Enderlings.
Ranboo knew his swords would be useless, so he instead did what he was good at. He dodged and misled, until he could no longer see Philza.
He was getting slower. He couldn't keep going. Ranboo pulled his strings together and pushed. They snapped back, and he was in a clearing.
Philza and Cloud were ahead of him, so close, but Ranboo's vision was going fuzzy. He pulled on the strings, but only teleported a few feet.
"Mr. Minecraft." He mumbled, going to his knees.

See. He'll leave you to die. After you risked everything for him. You fool.

"Mr. Minecraft. Phil. Help....me."

Darkness came and Ranboo collapsed into it.