Chapter 1: Isekai Prologue

-----------------------
Well here we are again, at the beginning of this story. My hopes is you will like this story in its newer incarnation. But who knows really. I hope you enjoy a rewritten version of this tale you guys, well, enjoyed. And for any new commers, I hope you enjoy the ride.
-Fox

P.s. Let me know about grammer and spelling errors as auto-correct on this phone is a pain.
-----------------------
_________
Key
"Word"= Dialogue
<Word>= Thoughts
*Word*= Onomatopoeia
_________

Ever wondered what it'd be like if you were isekaied? What would be your ideal isekai? Summoned to another world to fight the demon lord? Reborn as a prince or princess and have a harem? Or be reincarnated as a monster and become a demon lord yourself? As for me, living my life has made me wish for only one isekai. To be reborn as a dragon. You may ask why, but I have my reasons. My name was Anthony Williams, and this is my isekai story.

You may ask who I am now, and wonder where or when I'm telling this story now. Well, all will be revealed in due time. For now, we turn back the clock decades ago. I remember that day vividly, starting with the pitter patter of rain........

●●●

Today was what I thought was going to be an ordinary day, and what would be my worst day would begin. Because of a power outage that was caused by the rain storm, my alarm went off 2 hours late. While it was set early, I still only had a half-hour to get to work.

" ****!" I cursed aloud as I leaped from my bed.

I dashed throughout my apartment, getting ready as best I could. I had to skip making my own coffee, which was a shame becuase the office's coffee was utter garbage. I grabbed my umbrella, and ran out the door, taking the elevator down. While living 25 stories up facing lakeside is great, the elevator was fubared today of all days. Once I got down I knew I missed the last CTA I could take and still be on time. I waved over a taxi, having to wait 10 minutes for one. Finally, one pulled over. I hopped in.

" Get me to Phoenix Insurance Plaza," I requested.

" Got it," he nodded.

Thankfuly rush hour on Lakeshore drive wasn't as bad as I thought, or that is what I would say if not for an accident that blocked the entire south bound way.

" Dont worry, I can handle this." He told me. " I was a taxi driver in India."

I was about to learn what that ment. This man dogded and weaved through traffic once he pulled out of lakeshore drive. My heart was racing becuase erratic driving and rain don't mix well. However, it wasn't enough. When he pulled up to the office building I was already 10 minutes late. I threw 50 bucks at him and ran into the entrance, clocking in late.

<Great, what a great start to the day. I'm 10 minutes late and the only way to function is to drink that **** in the office they call coffee.>

Rubbing my temples, I poured myself a cup and went to my cubicle.

It might interest you that I am a middle manager for this company, but my boss is the worst. Being my middle school and high school bully. He loves seeing me fail, so he always sets me up.

<Ah, speak of the devil.>

" Well, well, well. If it ain't Anthony D. Williams. Tell me, found an antidote after eating the late late fruit," Bartholomew Jaguar snickered.