Chapter One

September 1, 1971
"I have a good feeling about you lot," James announced, beaming at his sister and their three new friends, "I think we're going to be friends for a long time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 1, 1975
"I hate you," Roxie huffed once she and her brother were both on the platform, "You just had to forget your shoes didn't you?" "Hey at least I didn't spend thirty minutes on my hair," James defended, pushing up his glasses. "No you spent an hour in front of the mirror practicing what you're going to say to Lily when you see her," the brunette pointed out, "We both know you'll freeze the minute you see her." James rolled his eyes as they weaved their way through the crowd of students and parents. However, his mood picked up when he saw Sirius and Remus scanning the crowd for them. "What the hell took you so long?" Remus grumbled as the twins approached where he stood with Sirius, Peter, and Theodosia, one of Roxie's dormmates and Remus's four year crush. "Someone forgot his shoes this morning," Roxie responded, crossing her arms. Theodosia giggled at the response as James pouted in mock offense. The Potter boy opened his mouth to shoot back, but he was quickly cut off. "Roxie!" a familiar voice exclaimed from a few feet away. Said teen smiled as Marlene tackled her in a hug, almost causing them to fall. "Hey Marley," the brunette greeted, hugging her back as Lily and Dorcas walked up. "Hi-" James waved at Lily before the word trailed off and he stood with a dopey lovestruck look on his face. Lily rolled her eyes before linking arms with Roxie. "Come on," the redhead suggested, "We have something to tell you. Theodosia you coming?" "I think I'll stay with the guys," the brunette responded, looking up at Remus before ducking her head as he looked at her. It should be noted that Remus's crush was definitely not one-sided. Lily shrugged and smiled at the brunette before pulling Roxie off to find a compartment, Marlene and Dorcas following behind. "Did you see that?" Dorcas asked Marlene just quiet enough to pique Roxie's interest. "What are you two on about?" she asked, earning giggles from the pair but no answer. She rolled her eyes playfully before remembering what Lily had said, "Wait what were you going to tell me Lils? If it's that Malrlene and Dorcas are dating, I already knew. Marley wrote me a letter about a week after it happened." "We promised we'd surprise people!" Dorcas whined, earning laughs from the other three as they boarded the train. "Hey at least I didn't tell my brother," Roxie defended, holding her hands up in surrender. "You know, we should set you up with someone," Marlene suggested, eyeing Roxie, "Lily is eventually going to come to her senses give James a shot, and Theodosia and Remus are about as in love as you can get. But where does that leave you?" "Perfectly content with being single," the Potter girl responded, pushing open the door to the first empty compartment she could find as Lily made a sound of protest at Marlene's previous comment. That response didn't seem to be enough for her three friends. "We'll have to do some research and get back to you with a few suggestions," Dorcas told the brunette as she sat beside her girlfriend. "Please don't," Roxie huffed, sitting across from the pair as Lily sat as well. "Too late," the redhead sighed with a tone of mock sorrow, "We've already decided on it. So it has been said, so it shall be." "I hate all of you," the Potter witch shot back despite the smile on her face. This was going to be an interesting year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I suck at writing beginnings I swear it will hopefully get better.