Arc 1: Chapter 4

Everything seems different. And yet, it always comes to mind how there's a sense of deja vu in each moments. It was a life filled with an abnormal circumstances and situations, one would usually think an impossibility that occurs each and every day. 

Bastian remembered. When does he had such awareness? Well, it was probably like the feeling of a normal person being filmed secretly. At first, you won't be able to notice. however, gradually, you'd realize..... there's something there- watching you, waiting for you to accomplish what's been prophesied. And if you start to change your course, then, that entity watching you will start to take action. It will move closer, observe closer and even starts to change things around you. It's a feeling you'll certainly feel uncomfortable of. 

Now, there's no such feeling. 

Bastian noticed the differences. These differences became the part of a freedom he longed for. Although there are missions and task to accomplish, Bastian find this more relaxing and satisfying. The feeling of being stuck in a quagmire was greatly reduced. 

It was probably the will of the world itself. The will who watches and maintained the fate of those in it. It is the enforcer that Maintained authority and the law. As well as the warden who keeps the prisoner detained. A chain that binds the people within it.  

Right now, Bastian felt freer than he'd ever felt before. And He wants it to remain. This world laden with a hell like curse, is a place where he'd enjoy greatly.  

Moving towards the facility, Bastian observed how the group had such a tacit understanding. They moved and protect each other's back. Their weaknesses being filled up by the other's strength. Such a thing is amazing. 

He was currently standing idly, just watching them busy themselves. It seems that they were looking for something, he wasn't sure what it was though. So He decided to not do anything since he wasn't familiar the people around Martin as well as their goal at the moment. They weren't close enough to tell him things. 

Bastian noticed Martin walking towards him. His hair sticking like a nest, eyes filled with fatigue, probably due to lack of sleep. His  tight uniform looks sloppily worn, his pair of combat boots seemed so dirty with some red and white liquid stuck on it, probably zombie matters. He certainly looks haggard and dirty, it makes a slightly mhysophobic Bastian tremble. Just thinking about how those dirty things might touch his clothes made his skin crawl with apprehension. 

He gave an unfriendly grunt, pursing his lips before slightly stepping back. "Can you not move any closer?" He rudely uttered. True son of heaven or Not, there's no way he'd let the other come near him. At least not with those red slimy and brain matters stuck on the other man's clothes. 

"Oh" Martin Whispered awkwardly, He look at himself, lips pursing as he realized how dirty he looked. Martin forgot. Bastian is a little mysophobic. He still remembered how the other wiped those slender fingers after killing undead things even though he was already wearing gloves. He also remembered how the other hated when he forgot to clean himself. Every time he does that, Bastian's mismatched eyes would darken, he would grab Martin then pull him towards the bathroom and clean him thoroughly while grumbling to himself as he made sure Martin was clean and shiny. It was kinda funny though, so Martin would always act like a pig just to annoy the other. Those memories made him slightly chuckle. 

 Martin looked at Bastian holding an iron pipe with his gloved hand. He looked ready to bash anyone who'll approach him with no good intentions. It was a funny sight. However, he also Remembered how Bastian would grab his clothes before throwing a nasty glare at him as warning before the first punch land on his eyes. That was before they were lover's. Bastian had a very short fuse. However, Martin felt good just eliciting any kind of reaction to the other's stoic face, so he really made such a mess.