Arc 1: Chapter 6

"One day, I dreamt of a place...

It was filled with golden primroses in full bloom....

The scent of flowers lingers in the air.....

While the moonlit sky,

filled with glittering stars.....

I dreamt of our life togeyyther...

As the years pass us by...

My love...

Does my love resonates with yours too? ..." A sweet voice ask,a heart stopping smile curved his lips, gently reaching for the man standing beside him. Their hands intertwined, both contented and happy. "Why arent you saying anything? Does it resonate?"

"It does." The taller of the two answered. His mellow yet husky tone arouses ones heart. He caressed the other man's face, cupping those smooth and lovely cheeks between his hands. His head lowered, gently grazing his lips to those supple one. " What is it?"

"Nothing, really. I just felt that something ominous is slowly coming... It is devouring everything. I hope we're powerful enough to stand against what was to come."

"Whatever it was, it seeks destruction."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Martin woke up with a start. His chest is heaving and his body was drenched from sweat. Hands trembling, he pressed his palm on his eyes, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. He felt that he had dreamt of something important. Sadly, he couldn't remember at all. All that was left was the fragments of emotion corroding his sanity. It was unsettling, but he doesn't know how to deal with it.

Grumbling to himself, Martin decided to forget it for now. He wasn't exactly sure what it was, and it's not like he remembered. It's depressing.

With a tired sigh, he dressed himself. He no longer bath since he already did so before he fell asleep. Besides, water nowadays is a luxury. It must be conserved. Martin thought about the novels he used to read about Apocalyptic worlds where zombies roamed. The authors portrayed the human abilities entirely different to what they have now. There's no water, fire, wind and even lightning. There's no space element as well. If there were, then, it'd make the human's live much easier and convenient. Martin sighed. He wasn't really sure, but he suddenly remembered what Eusto told him. He said something about the meteor of nullah being needed and asked him to come along with them to retrieve it, however Martin refused. It was the last mission, and they weren't successful. The teams were annihilated, and only Allen and Eusto Returned. Both were heavily injured, Allen was missing an arm while Eusto lost an eye and his pair of legs. It was reported then that there was a fully evolved nightwalker, as well as a general type zombie at the time. The two survived because Allen Is the highest combatant. He chose to save Eusto. While abandoning the rest.

The two were severely punished, but what can they do? It was a loss right from the very beginning.

Martin gritted his teeth. A devilish grin appearing on his lips. It was their Karma. Back then, when he awakened, he found himself being saved by Bastian again. That was his second life. He had lived twice.