Arc 1: Chapter 5

The journey back to the research facility that day was filled with a quiet atmosphere. Rod drove their modified pick up track, While Anderson and Grid sat at the Passenger seat. Grid despite being injured begged for the others not to be seated where the two was. He really felt that one of the two would struck him again and truly end his life for the better. That's why, Bunny was left seated with Martin and Bastian at the back. Her face looks dark as she tried her best not to even breath too loudly at the presence of the two. She was the sacrifice for Grid, and Grid truly felt thankful, he even promised to serve Bunny his whole life just for compensation. 

"Why aren't you all talking? Friendship and Camaraderie starts with a little bit of conflict, it was either solved diplomatically or through fists. I say it's a good start, noh?" Martin grinned enthusiastically while patting Bastian. He truly was in a great mood. Why wouldn't he? He feels like the team would finally be more solid. "Bastian, do forgive them. They're all good people. I apologize on their behalf if they we're rude to you. But since you've already shown what you can do, I am assured that they already know what not to do. Am right?" 

Anderson gulped, head nodding continuously like a hen pecking rice. His pale countenance turned paler. Bunny just avoided looking beside her, Rod answered with a 'yes, boss!" while Grid grunted, lips pursed as he tried not to aggravate his still aching body. Going against the Boss's words would just elicit them another pain, might as well go along with it? 'Ah, What to do? life is just so hard right now.'

Bastian found their reactions too funny. However his facial paralysis mask wouldn't let his emotion show this he seemed like a block of ice sitting at back. However, contrary to his face, He really felt that they're all a good people, they show concern towards each other, as well as the teams teamwork. So, without an expressionless face and almost robotic tone, he simply said what he thinks- "They're are all good and have an even greater potential...- Bastian paused, thinking what to say to encourage the rest, so he continued with- "I suggest training more on hand to hand combat and knife wielding. Why not let them fight without using guns for the time being. It would hone their instinct and ability to use their physical advantages with much efficiency." It should be enough of an encouragement, right? He truly doesn't know what to say. Thus, he confidently nod his head while saying his opinion. Training them with my knowledge in hand to hand combat should be enough to show my sincerety. Bastian thought. 

Hearing this, Martin's gaze lit up even for such a wonderful suggestion. He smiled dazzlingly, it almost made the other blind. "Good!"  

Bastian who was seated beside Martin felt a faint thud against his chest. He coughed, before looking outside the car window, hiding the intense burning of his ears. 'The hell! That was dangerous.' He almost lose his self control, wanting to pat the other's head. Thankfully, his body didn't immediately followed his hollowed brain. A sigh of relief almost left his lips. 'I need to be more careful. The bug is too strong, it felt like he glitched as well.'

Although he inwardly panicked inside due to unknown reason, that smile still made Bastian's day. He wouldn't dwell on the reasons though. He'd just ask the system after it returned. So he simply shrugged and threw the strange thoughts behinnd his mind. 

However, for the other, it was the smile of the devil himself. They felt themselves tremble. 'F***! Brother, Why are you digging pits for us!!! Can't we be just friends AND live Harmoniously with each other? Aren't we comrades now?' The already calming hearts returned to their chaotic phase due to the despair (Martin) brought by the calamity (Bastian). It was simply too tragic.