𝔲𝔫𝔢.

— welcome to your life —

———————

"MISS Thomas..." Eloise watched the teacher in front of her with a smile, "please... these sessions are not going to work unless you actually try to work with me,"

Mrs. Jennings was a middle-aged woman with a kind face. Her hair was knotted into a high bun, and her glasses rested on the tip of her nose. Eloise briefly wondered if Mrs. Jennings could have perhaps resembled Harley Quinn in her younger years.

Harley Quinn, the infamous psychotic villain. A woman whose true colors were revealed by a man, only for her to rise to even heights the Joker would never reach. Such a shame. Eloise always hated that the Joker could not see how lucky he was to have had someone like the badass bitch Harley Quinn by his side.

Mrs. Jennings watched Eloise expectantly, but Eloise only let out a tired yawn. She leaned back dramatically while doing so, allowing her knees to fall apart in a way that was anything but flattering.

Once upon a time, Eloise could not even imagine acting so disrespectful to a teacher. But then again, she never would have imagined herself to end up at a place like Chief Hill Reformation School either.

Eloise had been in New York City and attending Chief Hill for a little over two months now, and in that time she had changed drastically. No longer was she little miss perky and popular Eloise. No longer does she live in California and drive a Jeep. No longer was she captain of the figure skating team—relying on her skills at skating to get her a full-ride athletics scholarship.

No.

Now, she was Elle—a mischievous and wild teenager with an eye for trouble. Sure, she was still go-lucky and hyper, but now rather than use her natural ADHD to be perky, she used it to be carefree.

Oh, how times have changed.

A part of Eloise's big change came from the accident. But the rest came from Chief Hill. This school was made to make kids into better people, but what no one expected was for it to actually be a worse influence on her.

Of course, when it is a literal reformation school—there was bound to be some rather "troubled" kids roaming the halls. Except, these "troubled" individuals were practically the entirety of the school population.

Unless Eloise wanted to be chewed up and spit out, then she had to change. And change she did. It was surely giving her Aunt Taylor a headache, but she tried to remain as positive as she could.

Humming, Eloise checked her phone for the time.

"Looks like the session is over," she stood, grabbing her backpack, "thank you very much, Mrs. Jennings—I really do enjoy our little chats," and by that, they both knew Eloise meant sitting there silent for over an hour while Mrs. Jennings tried to get her to talk.