Chapter 6

Sykkuno rushed into the hallways of the school, he was set on finding one person, and one person only.
He didn't care if he couldn't breathe well because of his annoying cough, his focus was on getting his phone back.
He scanned the hallway and found his target leaning against his locker.
"Mark!" he yelled.
"Sykkuno look" he started but without even a moment of hesitation, Sykkuno rushed up to him and smacked him with all the strength he could muster.
"You had NO right to do what you did! NO FCKING RIGHT!" he screamed, not caring who would look his way.
"Sykkuno, I know but-" he started
"But nothing, Mark" he glared."If you think we're getting back together, you have officially lost it."
"Sykkuno" Bret said as he approached him alongside Jodi and Peter.
"sweetie, you're shaking"
Sykkuno felt tears of anger flow down his cheeks as he smacked Mark one more time with immense force "Fck you"
"Sykkuno"
"Leave him alone!" Peter started, clearly annoyed.
"Get away from him!" Jodi yelled, pulling him away from Sykkuno.
"Don't touch me!" he screamed at Jodi, and without missing a beat, John, who witnessed everything that was happening,
swung at Mark, and landed a punch right on his jaw, grabbed him by the shoulders, and slammed him against the lockers harshly.
"Yell at her again and I'll break your fcking nose" he stated. "Stay away from her, and stay away from Sykkuno. Do you hear me?"

"John, let him go.." Sykkuno pleaded as he grabbed him by the shoulders.
"Do you hear me?!". Sykkuno had never seen John this mad before.
John pressed harder against Mark's chest.
"Yes..", Mark figured there was no point in talking, they wouldn't let him.
"Good. Now the phone" John said holding his hand out and once Mark put it in his hand, John pushed him to the side before handing the phone to Sykkuno.
"Are you okay?" Bret asked, laying his hand gently on Sykkuno's arm.
"Yes, these are angry tears" Sykkuno smiled as one more tear fell from his eye, then he started thinking of the guy he wanted the most right now.
The one who always made him feel better, no matter the circumstances, and had he have been here, Mark would not have lived to see tomorrow.
That's when Sykkuno realized enough was enough, he didn't want to waste another second away from him. "I'm going to tell Corpse I love him."
"What?" Jodi began, "No, wait, Sykkuno, I have to-"
He had already began to let go of them before Jodi said,
"Sykkuno wait!"
But Sykkuno was on a mission and no one was going to stop him, he ignored the protests and ran straight for Corpse.
"Corpse, please, please listen to me", he began and in one full breath, he started to ramble,
"Mark took my phone and told you all of that, but he was lying, it wasn't me, okay? It wasn't. Please believe that. I would never say any of that, Corpse. I wouldn't because I'm completely and utterly in-" he continued but was interrupted.
"Hey, Corpse-"
And that's when Sykkuno turned to see him, the boy from Maths class. He couldn't remember what his name was.. Luke?.
It didn't matter though, all Sykkuno could think of was that he was interrupting his love confession and that the smirk plastered on his face made him feel uneasy.
He walked past Sykkuno and hugged Corpse from the side, placing Corpse's arm around him. Sykkuno felt his chest start to burn and heat rise to his face,
as he looked up to see Corpse who looked conflicted.
"Hi, uh Lucas. Umm, can you give us a minute? I was talking to Sy. What were you going to tell me?"
Sykkuno opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out, Lucas cut him off before he could start.
"No, sorry, but we have to go right away. I want coffee from the lunchroom and if we don't go now, we'll be late to class!" he pressed.
"Can you go? I want to hear what he has to say." He tried to say in a calm tone so as to not sound annoyed.
"No. Corpse." Lucas pressed on, causing Corpse to finally give up, remembering the conversation they had yesterday.
"Fine.." he muttered, "Sykkuno, I'll talk to you later, okay?" Corpse leaned in to give him a hug goodbye,
but Lucas grabbed his hand and pulled him away from Sykkuno, Corpse hesitantly walked away behind him.
Sykkuno felt his hands start to shake. He kept his stare on them as Lucas wrapped his arm around Corpse's body and watched them walk away,
and as Corpse looked behind them to look at Sykkuno, Lucas grabbed his head and shifted his attention away from him.
And that's when Sykkuno felt his eyes burn as they welled up with tears. But they weren't tears of anger, they were tears of heartbreak.
"Sykkuno.." Bret said behind him but Sykkuno didn't hear him, he heard nothing but static as he ran to the boy's bathroom.
"Get out!" Peter kicked everyone out of the bathroom, while Bret held on to Sykkuno's body that fell to the ground in the stall.
"Sykkuno-" Jodi began "you need to breathe"
Sykkuno started gasping for air as he help onto his chest, tears falling furiously from his now puffy and swollen cheeks.
"SY!" Bret yelled as he watched the boy's face become redder as if he was choking on something.
Sykkuno threw himself forwards, hands pressed against the tall before coughing and throwing something up into the toilet.
Sykkuno held onto Peter's arm for support, as Jodi rubbed circles along his back.
"Sykkuno? Sykkuno, are you okay?" Bret asked one Sykkuno stopped throwing up and started breathing well again.
"Yeah." he whimpered as more tears fell from his eyes. "I'm fine", an obvious lie.
"Sykkuno" Jodi muttered, her voice riddled with concern and worry for him.
"Yeah?" Sykkuno asked looking up to them as they all stared down to where Sykkuno just threw up.
Sykkuno raised an eyebrow before looking at where they were staring. Sykkuno turned. The room went radio silent as he looked down at what he was supposed to be his vomit. It should've been physically impossible what he saw. There was no logical explanation for this.
Sykkuno felt fine when he woke up this morning, all he had was a cough.

So why was he throwing up dirt?..

-

-----------------
STAGE ONE
the individual is infected; 'mild' symptoms will begin to show.
------------------

Lucas-Corpse DMs:
L- today with Sykkuno
L- you couldn't stop looking at him
L- you really were going to let me go alone just to talk to him
C- Luc, it sounded important
L- remember, there's no point in getting your hopes up, he doesn't love you Corpse. You told me yourself.
C- yeah, you're right, I'm sorry
L- it's okay, as long as we can go on an another date together
C- *... i don't know* - erased
C- yes

Sykkuno-Corpse DMs:
C- Sy?
C- can we talk?
C- i'm sorry about this morning. Lucas can be a bit too much
S- hey Corpse, this is Sykkuno's mother. I took his phone away because he's been feeling sick lately. Don't worry though, he just needs some rest.
C- oh okay, Mrs.
C- just tell him i hope he gets better and that I love him.
S- he loves you too.
S- thank you.

Message from Lucas: want to go out now?

Lucas-Corpse DMs:
L- want to go out now?
L- and erase Sykkuno from your mind?
L- I know you're thinking of him
C- *i don't want to erase Sykkuno* - deleted
C- sure, what do you want to do?

------------------
My boy Sy :(. Hope y'all are doing okay <33