Chapter 23

"Sykkuno" Bret said as he pulled him back to the front of the mirror. "Can you just hold still and let me put your necklace on, pleaseeee?

Sykkuno huffed as Bret held him in front of the mirror, wrapping his neck with the necklace Corpse gave him. "You look so hot!!"

"Bret" Sykkuno sighed, "Do I have to go?"

"Yes, yes, you do." he smiled, "I promise, Rae and I won't leave your side the whole night, okay??"

"And I" Jodi raised her hand, "will tag in if they do leave you."

"Jodiii" Rae said, hitting her with the pillow, "we won't!"

"I don't want you guys to feel like you have to stay with me" Sykkuno said, as Bret put gel on his hair.

"We know we don't have to." Rae said from across the room, "We want to."

"I'm just not feeling great" Sykkuno bit his lip nervously, he'd been coughing up petals all week and so far, they were definitely the symptom that made Sykkuno feel worse. He really didn't want to have a breakdown in the middle of the dancefloor or cough up petals while at the table. He'd rather wait it out until the surgery in a few days, and stay home to try and come up with a way to explain to his mom what happened.

"Well, hopefully, this will make you feel better, Sykk." Bret said, "we want you there with us because we love you, and without you everything is dull. So put on a smile and get ready to have some fun with your bestfriends tonight! Yes, Sykk?"

"Yeah." Sykkuno huffed.

"I love you." Bret said with a pout. Wrapping his arm around Sykkuno as he stood on his tippy-toes, "we'll have fun tonight, I promise!"

𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉?

"Okay" he smiled, shrinking down to hug Bret as the others came to have a group hug.

[they all posted a pic of their suits/dresses]

Sykkuno walked into the dance, his expensive shoes clicking against the gym floor.

"Guys!" John called from the table. "over here!"

Jodi stepped in as she sat down next to her boyfriend and kissed him quickly on the lips. Rae sat down next to Jodi and Bret grabbed Sykkuno to follow along and sit next to them. Peter and Toast sat across from Sykkuno and Bret and with a smile he greeted them all. He looked to the last two seats next to him and looked at them, "two people better sit next to me right now or I swear to god!"

John laughed, and sat down next to him as Jodi followed along, "Happy?" he asked.

"Ectastic" Sy smiled sarcastically.

"Hey." Sykkuno heard someone say, ignored the person, knowing exactly who it was. He started scrolling on his phone. "Hi, Sykkuno."

Sykkuno looked up and plastered a fake smile on his face. "Corpse! Hi!". He saw that he was standing next to Lucas, who looked like he was about to talk but Sykkuno interrupted, "you know what??" Sykkuno said, as he got up from the table and pointed towards Peter, "Let's dance Peter. I love this song!" [peter and sykk are just friends here, they're just having fun xD]

"Of course." Peter smiled, talking hold of his hand. "Let's go show'em how it's done!"

"As we should" Sy said, ignoring everyone else as he got on the floor to dance with Peter. Corpse glanced at Sykkuno but quickly turned his attention back to his boyfriend, who sat down next to him at the table.