⁰¹ allure

.* ALLURE

━━━𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 coming from the sky woke you up. You jolted up in your bed and looked out the window at the pouring rain. You hated school and wished you could use the rain as an excuse not to go. You pulled the cover over your face and walked to your bathroom. You lived with your older sister, Aaliyah, who was only twenty-four and went by Liyah. You didn't remember much about your parents and to be honest, you didn't care.

You freshened up so that you could get dressed for the school day. You would meet Mila and Hitch at your usual spot, in front of the local coffee shop. Your bedroom was always tidy and cleaned. You had a love for plants so you decorated your room with them. Your bed was in the middle of your bedroom near your two windows.

You grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a red sweatshirt to match your red sneakers. You grabbed your umbrella to cover from the rain. It was Friday, so you were happy it was the last day of the week, even though you didn't have any plans. The walk to the usual spot from your house only took about five minutes and from there you took a ten minute walk to school. You definitely got a lot of exercise in the morning due to this routine.

You walked for a few minutes to the little coffee shop where your two friends stood under an umbrella. They were hovering over one of their phones, smiling and giggling. You interrupted with, "What're you two dummies laughing at?"

Hitch sighed, "Ok, I may be failing like half of my classes but you don't need to call me dumb."

You rolled your eyes, "Obviously joking." Mila chuckled at the two of you bickering, "Chill, it's seven in the morning. We were looking at Jean's recent picture on instagram."

Hitch passed her phone so you could get a good look, "Whew! No wonder all the girls go for him." The mirror picture revealed the six pack he had and his long ash brown hair. You used to have a little crush over him in middle school but got over it after realizing how many girls chased after him. Hitch closed her umbrella and you did the same before going inside the shop.

You stood behind the two of them as they ordered the drinks. You walked over to the store window that was foggy from the cold rain. Mila tapped your shoulder and handed you your drink as you all left to catch the subway.

You and Mila practically shared the same schedule besides having a different math class. You parted ways with Hitch and walked to your first class with Mila, which was history with Mr. Smith. The two of you have sat next to each other since kindergarten. You sat on her desk before class started, "Ugh, I wish something crazy would happen."

Mila had her feet up on the desk, drinking the last bit of her coffee through her straw, "I agree. This school makes it seem so prestigious when it's just like any other public school."

"Minus the drama and fights."

"Yeah, sadly."

The door to the classroom opened and your favorite teacher stepped in, "Good morning everyone. Please take your seats!"

You shrugged your shoulders, "Oh well" and walked to your seat. Mila put her feet down and threw her empty cup away. You were always paying attention in class but by the time it ended you would end up forgetting everything you learned. Over the course of the day, the homework piled up and you knew your weekend was already full. You met up with your friends at your usual lunch table.

As usual, Hitch was on her phone texting away. Mila was touching up her makeup and then you sat down beside her across from Hitch, "Hey."

You stretched your arms out on the table and let out an exaggerated sigh, "Is there any new drama yet?"

Mila put her compact mirror back into her bag and then proceeded to take black nail polish out of it. You gasped, "How- why- Do you really have nail polish at school?!"

She laughed, "Duh. Also, there's no new drama that I've heard today."

Just as you were about to give up on anything new happening, Hitch suddenly put her phone down, which made you and Mila turn your heads and look at her, "What?"

She was grinning and then said, "So. I just heard from a couple of sources that we're getting three new students Monday."

Your eyes widened and you sat up to show your interest in the matter, "Really? Is it all girls or all boys? How many are coming? Are they foreign-?"

Mila plucked your forehead, which threw you off. You rubbed the spot and looked at her confused. She rolled her eyes and chuckled while going back to painting her nails, "Don't get too excited. If it is a boy, don't fall head over heels, okay?"

You rubbed the spot where she had hit you again, "Yeah, yeah Mom. I got it." Hitch chuckled, "Well, apparently it's a girl and two boys."

You raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Do you know what they look like?"

"No silly. I told you they're coming Monday."

You leaned back into your seat and contemplated if you should put yourself out there and greet them like the kind person you are. But you honestly just wanted to make new friends, who cares if you'd ended up meeting a cute boy. You walked to the vending machine and grabbed a quick snack before the lunch period ended.

Before you knew it, school ended and you were going to head to the library to finish the homework you were assigned in order to have a weekend free of stress. You said your goodbyes to Mila and Hitch and walked to the library a little ways from your house. It was within walking distance so you didn't mind staying until closing time.

You put in some earphones and listened to music to help you focus, although you had the urge to dance in the middle of the library. You let out a sigh of relief as you finished the last piece of work. You checked the time on your phone, "5:45" You finished 15 minutes earlier than the closing time. You packed up your things, stuffing them inside your bag, and walked out of the library.

It had stopped raining so you could take your time. You walked a couple of blocks until you reached the corner, which was like a halfway mark that you were almost home. There was a small alleyway that you needed to walk by after the coffee shop. You weren't looking at the ground and suddenly tripped over something.

You took one of your earphones out and mumbled, "What the fuck?"

It was a person's foot and at first you thought they were dead. You followed the foot with your eyes to a person sitting on the ground behind the wall of a convenience store. You peeked around the wall to get a better look. They had one of their hands on what seemed to be a motorcycle of some kind. The other hand rested numbly next to their side. You gulped and lightly kicked their foot, "Um. Hello? Are you dead?"

You heard them lightly chuckle and you sighed in relief, "Thank God you're alive! I almost shit my pants!" You walked into the alleyway without thinking of any consequences and crouched down in front of the stranger. When you saw their face, you blurted out, "Holy shit! What the hell happened to you?"

Now that you were closer, you made him out to be a young boy who looked around your age. He had blood trickling down from his nose, an area near his thick eyebrows and his knuckles were red. It was clear that he was fighting or something worse. His eyes were closed and he opened them to greet you, "Just some things." He had green eyes and his voice was deep and subtle that made you feel a little intimidated.

You stood up and held your hand out to help him up, "Here take my hand. I live five minutes away. I'll clean you up." You were known for your impulsive choices but this one took the cake.

He looked up at you and then your hand, "Really?" You nodded. He grabbed onto your hand and as you tried to help him up, your feet started sliding from the differences in weight and the ground still wet from raining previously. He ended up helping himself up and laughed at you trying to lift him up. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you held onto him by his waist. You felt how defined his body was just from the small impact of your palm against his black tee that fitted tightly.

He used his free hand to walk his bike alongside him. You didn't know why you were doing this, not even knowing the stranger's name. But this was definitely something that fell under your expectations of "crazy".