¹¹ trust issues

.* ALLURE

THERE was something about Eren that just no longer sat right with you.

As you were in your class with Mr. Smith, you couldn't help but secretly watch Eren sitting beside you. The way he looked attentively toward the teacher, his chin resting in the palm of his hands, his pencil in between his middle and index finger. There wasn't anything physically screaming that he was bad news but you never know what's going on in one's head. Especially those you don't truly know.

You were so infatuated with him that you didn't realize Erwin had announced a partner project in which you missed the details of, including who was assigned to be your partner. It wasn't until Eren turned his head at you with a slight grin that brought you back to reality, "I guess we're together."

You blinked rapidly and looked at him with confusion, "What?"

"For the project. We're working together, ha."

"Oh."

"Well don't sound so disappointed."

"What about we all work together?" Mila inquired beside you, seeing your face when Eren said that you were his partner. Mr. Smith came by, "That's fine by me since there's an odd number of students now."

"Great!" Mila added enthusiastically while giving you a wink. You gave her a nod and sighed in relief. Eren smiled flatly and tapped his pencil on the desk before opening his notebook to start brainstorming ideas for the assignment.

Ding

It was lunch time now and Eren walked beside you on the way to the cafeteria but he sensed something was different. Before you could reach the doors to where everyone in the school gathered to eat, he grabbed you and pulled you into the boys locker room, "Hey!-," he covered your mouth and put a finger over his mouth to alert you to be quiet. Two guys were talking to each other and you watched them leave as you were pushed against a set of lockers.

He finally let you go and stepped backward to the lockers across from you, leaning against them and rubbing his chin at the invisible beard, "Well?"

You looked at him confused, "Well what?"

"Spit it out. Whatever's on your mind."

You looked away and sighed, "There's nothing on my mind."

"You're lying. Even I don't know you that well but I know
that you're lying."

You scoffed and crossed your arms before glaring at him, "Fine. While we're on the topic of not knowing someone, I don't trust you. Something about you and your family gives me chills. I don't know what it is."

"I understand my brother but why me?"

"Come on, really? You and I both know that you aren't telling the truth whenever you speak."

He jolted up from the lockers and stepped in front of you. The sudden action made you jump and gasp lightly. His face was inches away from yours and arms right above your head, "Really? Untruthful? What I did that night was protect you, Y/N."

You swallowed aggressively and peered up at him but didn't keep steady eye contact, "You don't even know me. Why do you care?"

"I want to know you, though. Plus I told you that I owe you for saving me that night in the alley."

"I would say we're even then."

"Hmm," One side of his mouth curved slightly into a smirk before he lifted your chin to look him directly in his eyes, "Just how something about me makes you anxious, something about you makes me infatuated. So no, I wouldn't say we're even. I don't want to leave you alone yet."