Chapter 1: Saturday Night

My parents and I were walking out of the Panic At The Disco concert. Panic was touring with Fall Out Boy, and Twenty One Pilots. Anyway, I was behind my parents. Out of nowhere my parents turned around and started beating me.

A slap to the face. "You EMO slut. Why do you make us suffer every day?" My dad yelled. I got knocked over. "You should've never been born!" My mom yelled. A kick to my stomach. Then impact on my wrist.

Everything next happened so fast. Security got my parents away from me so I slowly sat up. "You okay, kid?" Someone asked me. I didn't process who it was until I looked at who it was to answer the question. It was Dallon Weekes with Brendon Urie, Kenny Harris, Dan Pawlovich and Zack Hall. "I'm fine I guess." I replied, stuttering a bit. As I said that tears streamed down my face. "Let me help you up." Brendon offered, holding out his hand to help me. I hesitantly took it and got up. Then he wiped away my tears. "You don't have to cry. You're safe now." Brendon told me.

"What's your name?" Zack asked. "Charlie." I answered. "Was that your parents?" Zack questioned. I nodded. "Has that happened before?" Kenny asked me. "A lot." I told them. "We're gonna get this figured out. Until then you can hang with Brendon, Kenny, Dallon and Dan." Zack told me.

Panic led me to their tour bus. On the way there Dallon said, "Somewhere along the way we've got to get your wrist checked out. It looks pretty swollen from what I can see." When we got there Kenny motioned for me to sit on the couch. I did. I started tugging at my sleeves. They must've noticed because Dan asked, "do you hurt yourself?" I nodded, but also gave an explanation. "I do it after every time my parents do that, which is often. I feel like if I wasn't with them then things would be a lot better. Like if I felt safe then I would be safe." I told them. "That's good that you know what can help you. That kind of information can help us get you out of this situation." Kenny thanked me. "If you feel comfortable sharing, do you have any other problems you are trying to deal with?" Brendon asked. "I have hallucinations that are audio and visual, I have insomnia, I deal with major depression, I'm anorexic, I have an anxiety disorder, and I struggle with negative thoughts. I'm also autistic on the low end of the spectrum." I explained. "That's a lot of shit. Sorry you have to go through all that." Dan apologized.

"I have good news! You're coming on the rest of tour with us." Zack informed me excitedly, walking onto the bus. "That's dope." Brendon said. "Are you excited?" Brendon asked, turning his attention toward me. I nodded. "What do you say we get you some stuff for your bunk?" Zack suggested. "Could I get a piece of paper and a pencil to make a list? I'm not in the mood to go to the store after all that." I told them. "Yeah, sure." Dallon said, getting me those items. I quickly jotted down simple bathroom items, a couple requests for clothes, and bed stuff. I held out the piece of paper to Zack and gave the pencil back to Dallon. Zack left to go get my stuff. I let out a yawn. "You seem tired. Wanna try to rest in my bunk until Zack gets back?" Dan asked. "Can I just sleep on the couch?" I questioned. "Sure." Dan said. Dallon got me a blanket and a pillow, and I fell asleep somewhat peacefully.