Cool Kids Table

I joked about team CFVY having special privileges because they were considered elite students. But I got to witness it first-hand as we walked into the cafeteria. The volume went from overlapping conversations to subtle whispers. Anyone who wasn't at a table immediately made room through the crowd for us. There were even a few brave enough to ask for autographs. As we made our way to the table in the center of the cafeteria, I could pick up some of the whispers between students.

Student 1: There they are! It's Team CFVY!

Student 2: Shhh! Quick, act normal.

Student 3: Hey, who's the new guy?

Student 4: Not sure; never seen him before.

Student 2: He's kinda cute.

Student 3: I thought you had a thing for Fox?

Student 2: I mean yeah....but I like to have a healthy variety.

Student 4: Yeah...."healthy".

Only after we made it through the "paparazzi", and were seated at our table, did the lunchroom resume its usual atmosphere. I took a seat next to Yatsuhashi; Velvet sat on the other side. Across from me was Fox and Coco next to him.

Y/n: Just how popular are you guys?

Fox: I wouldn't say popular. Just really well liked and envied by almost everyone in the school.

Y/n: So very.

Coco: I take it you aren't too popular at your school. No offense.

Y/n: None taken. Haven Academy is a bit more free flowing and balanced than Beacon. A vast majority of the students are either faunus or aren't very wealthy. There isn't any room for a cutthroat social hierarchy, unlike Atlas. Besides, from my experience, the popular ones are usually assholes. No offense.

Coco: None taken. Now what do you want to eat?

I looked around the room and saw the number of students and the two cafeteria staff.

Y/n: Um...is there a waiter or something?

Fox: Not really. Yatsuhashi usually gets the food for everyone. This way we aren't bombarded in the line with people trying to get fashion tips from Coco.

Coco: Or the ones crushing on Fox.

Y/n: Are they not aware that you two are together?

Coco: Most of them are. We don't make it really obvious but we don't try to hide it either.

Fox: We're already the center of attention. It helps to not have our relationship as a gossip topic.

Velvet: How about you Y/n? You...you know...seeing anyone?

Up to this point, I'd forgotten Velvet was at the table. Her question was unexpected to say the least, and it was visible.

Velvet: Oh...s-sorry! I didn't mean to be so up front. I apologize if it was too personal.

Y/n: No, it's alright. Don't worry about it.

Coco: Oh look. You made him blush.

Y/n: I am not! But to answer your question, no. And before you ask, no, I haven't been in one. I've never really had the time to think about a relationship.

Yatsu: Other things keeping you preoccupied, right? School, family, maybe just not feeling up to it? We've all been there; some of us are there still.

Y/n: You rarely speak, but when you do, you always manage to blow my mind.

Yatsu: I'll take that as a compliment. Now, on to the matter at hand, food.