60

JUNGKOOK POV

I look straight to the empty bed near mine, which I hopefully believe that is going to be occupied by Y/n by the end of the day.

I can still sense her scent and flavor in my mouth and it actually doesn't seem real to me.

It has been so long, but at the same time it seems like nothing never happened.

As my gaze moves from the far mattress to the near lady in front of me, a bright smile automatically forms and sits on my lips, it seems like it doesn't want to go away.

We lock eyes and admire each other's figure. She also got a lot skinnier than before, this kinda makes me feel sad and still guilty, but at the same time I'm a little bit excited, knowing for sure that we'll both gain weight eating together.

"Soo..." me and Y/n's silence battle gets interrupted by Hoseok hyung's voice "Is everything alright?" he asks a little bit awkward.

"O-Oh yeah, ahahah" the girl answers a little bit embarrassed, a tint of pink slightly appearing on her apple cheeks and nose.

"Sorry for interrupting the happy moment ahahah..." again my hyung says scratching the back of his neck. 

"We would have left anyway" Jimin hyung says, smiling sweetly "we finished talking a while ago, so now we can leave you two alone and talk about everything you want" he continues, knowing that we'll eventually talk about our fight and also the transplant.

"Ok hyungs, thanks for visiting me once again and for staying by my side all this time" I say, noticing right away Y/n's face getting sadder and frustrated.

"No problem Kook, we'll always stay with you! Now stay with Y/n, we'll go!"

After they all left, inside the room a nostalgic and dramatic silence crept, over pervading everything around us, the two of us included.

"Hi Y/n..." I decide to break the ice, with a warm but restrained smile.

As her eyes were dry, now they're starting to getting shiny and moisty.

"Hi Jungkook..." her voice cracks as she pronounces my name.

She looks at the ground, not daring to meet my eyes, don't know why, but it could be both for awkwardness or gloom.

"It has been a while, right?" I keep on the conversation, hoping for us to get comfortable little by little.

She just nods at me and her lips start to tremble to the point that she's forced to bite on them in order to keep them stable.

Understanding that she's about to explode, I take the first step and hug her tight, feeling her ribs stabbing my abdomen.

My hands find their places right on her back, where I can feel with my fingertips and palms her spine's vertebraes.

Her chest pressing against my pectorals, so tight that we can feel each other's heartbeat.

Finally feeling my shirt getting wet once again, she cries out loud, letting me hear all of her emotions.

"It's ok Y/n, c-cry..." as I also stutter on my last word, I feel a knot on my lower throat and a slight pain on my chest, which both of them bring me to the same loud cry as the girl.

Y/N POV

As I feel the man's chest lightly bouncing multiple times, I realize that his sobs are almost stronger than mines, making me kind of worried.

"Jungkook..." I whisper, wiping away my tears and rubbing my eyes "Let's sit and calm down" I propose, taking his hand in mine and dragging him toward his bed.

"Sorry, I got emotional for a moment" the now black haired guy says right after taking a deep breath.

"So..." I say, not knowing where nor how to start the conversation.

As the tension grows inside the room's walls, we both find it hard to look at each other, eventually ending up meeting eyes awkwardly from time to time.

"I guess you found out about the transplant" he says letting out a melancholic laugh.

As I thought that I finally calmed myself down, I notice how my heart starts beating faster once again and a strong pain hitting my heart.

"It's ok Y/n, I already knew it. It has actually been a while since I first discovered it" he continues, leaving me shocked yet perplexed.

"W-What? Since when?" I choke on my spit, not being able to anticipate his answer.

"Almost two weeks ago. Two days after you left" he looks straight on to the bathroom door, at which I also automatically move my gaze, trying to process his statement.

As I realize that the strong man had to go through all of this and also didn't tell me anything about that, my face slowly turns again to meet his, which I already find looking at me.

I open my mouth, but nothing comes out.

"I know, sorry for not telling you ahahah" he giggles, trying to make me feel better, not knowing how it only made it worse.

"Why didn't you tell me that?!" I scold him, trying to pass him the message that I'm really mad "You could even just mention it in one of the messages you sent me, while I was away!"

As I let some of my tears flow down, I can feel my eyes burning and my temper raising, but soon automatically shouts down as the boy speaks up:

"So you read those messages?" him more serious then ever and me...well I don't actually know.

I kind of feel empty now, realizing how even those messages of his made my day feel a little bit better at those time, while on the other side there was me who totally ignored my partner and made him feel worse than ever.

"S-Sorry, I-I-"

"It's ok Y/n, the only thing important is that you're now here and that you're able to make it without the operation" he warmly smiles, but that smile that once brought me joy, now only brings me pain and sufferance.

I start crying out loud again, stuttering and sobbing out some apologies as the boy pats my back and hugs me tight.

"It's ok Y/n"