Chap 1

HIM
Oh my God it hurt. It hurt so much. Laying here in this vast golf ground, bleeding from the side where I had been stabbed in the side, all I could do was pray someone came to save me because i CAN'T die. I can't. Not while my sister was being held captive.

But the contingency of anyone coming to this part of the Resort was unlikely at night. There was a reason they chose to lure me here to kill me.

I couldn't even move a bit or my whole body echoed in pain. Everything around me was a blur, only the moon visible in the sky looking like a wierd blob.
"Please God help me" i silently prayed.
"Don't let me die here. Don't let me di-"
A sharp snap of a branch sliced right through my pleas. My heart started beating with a new pace even though I was on the verge of passing out.
Either my prayers were answered or they were back to make sure I was dead.

HER
I hate this place. Literally. My parents have dragged me here so many times in the past month that I am sick of this Resort.
Coming here especially at night was a routine now. We come here. Mom and dad sit on the grass and talk. My siblings go to playground to play and I am left sitting alone. And if I use my phone, my parents turn to glare at me and their usual rant starts about how much of a Phone addict I am. Well I am. But it's the only sort of entertainment I possessed.

"Well what can I do? Eli and Adam are too childish for me to play with. You guys are talking about stuff too dry and adult for me to listen" I said rolling my eyes at their usual disapproval at me using my phone.

"Then go for a walk" said my mom.
Walk. I hate walking alone. Especially during this time when the resort is full of people and being around them turned gears of Anxiety in my mind. Then walking becomes running as I bolt across them, trying to get away from them and breath.
But there is no way my parents would understand that. To them I am a perfect normal child and any complains I make are just because I want empathy. According to them I need to grow up and get over this juvenile attitude.

"Okay" I said as I rose up from my spot and made way out from the large courtyard we were sitting in. There was no point in arguing and honestly walk was way better than sitting under their surveiling gazes.

I started making way to the part of the resort where there was less likely to be any crowd. I have been here enough times to know all the spots where I can be alone. The resort was enormous and that place was far away from where mom and dad were sitting but whatever.
I turned on my headphones, Nightlight by Illenium starting blasting in my ears, making the lone path to the place seem less Eerie.

It wasn't long before I arrived there and I smiled, taking in the pretty cozy vibe of the place.
It was right behind the bakery, Infront of the vaccination center in which there sat one lonely doctor who hardly ever paid any attention to the outside world. There was a huge wall, decorated with pretty 3D shapes. There was a bench there and my favorite thing in the place, the tree. Dressed in fairy lights, it made the place Etheral. Beautiful and way less ghostlike. My phone camera could never capture how beautiful this place was at night.

Sighing I sat on the bench, breathing in the solarity. Fishing out my phone, I popped open an ebook I just started. I was halfway through the sixteenth chapter when I casually glanced at the sky and caught sight of the Moon.

Oh my the Luna looked so gorgeous, I had to take a picture of her. I opened my camera but the visual of the moon was so bad from this angle. Sighing I looked around as where I can take the good picture of the moon.

And then it clicked into place. I need to take the picture from right beneath moon. And right beneath it, my eyes travelled all the way down....was the golf area. That's where I need to go.

I have been to that place once, when I first visited this Resort. It took my breath away with how pretty it was. It was huge and neverending with a forest at the side. I could stare at the Foliages for hours but it's only pretty in the day, at night though it was the antonym.

Making my way Into the golf court which now had an uncanny resemblance to the forbidden forest in Harry potter.
Ignoring the eerie feelings that were creeping up my spine I made my way more in until I got the good angle of the moon.

Satisfied with the picture I took, I turned around to walk back only to step on a twig. The snap echoed in the entire ground. It was too dark to see properly, the light that was cascading down from the moon on the vast ground wasn't enough.

I carefully took another step forward which turned out to be not so careful as my foot collided with a huge branch sending me sprawling on the ground and my phone slipping from my hand, tumbling down a few feet away from where I was. It's illuminated screen was the only thing I could see. Wincing I got up and walked to where my phone lay when a hand grabbed my ankle.

I screamed with utmost fright as I kicked whoever held my foot, earning a good painful groan from the person and the grip on my ankle slackened. Shaking the grip off me I scrambled down to get my phone and started to run away when a voice croaked "Help..me..."

I stopped , my heart hammering in my chest.

"Please" the voice croaked again. The only thing that was keeping me from running my ass off was the pain and helplessness in his voice.

Trying to calm the concert that was going on in my chest, I turned and cautiously made my way towards the person again. Turning on my flashlight with trembling hands, I shoned it on the person, only for my heart to hammer faster.

It was a boy. My age or a bit older, probably eighteen or ninteen. His face was concealed with little bruises. His lip was cut open. Blood was trailing from his forehead. But what took my breath away was rivulet of blood formed at his side. His side was badly injured as if someone stabbed him. Not once but more than once. Who will do such a thing here?

"Can you please...take this... goddamned light off my face?" He said lifting a hand to shield his eyes, bringing me back from my reverie. I looked back at his face again.

"Oh sorry" I stuttered as I lowered the phone light and placed it on the ground as I knelt beside him.

"We need to do something about the bleeding from your side. Or else you are gonna die from blood loss" I said as I looked at the wound closely. I was trembling more now because the wound was really really bad.

"Let me call my dad or...yes! There is a Vaccination center right around the corner. Let me call them for help, wait here-" he caught a hold of my wrist as I began to stand. The sudden contact making my skin prickle.

"N-no. Please don't call anyone. Just help me get to the parking lot so I can get to my car and call my friends from my phone-" he cut off as he winced in pain.
"But the blood-" he cut me off again.
"Can you help me sit first? I barely can see anything, everything...is a ...blur" he breathed out, clearly talking was hard for him.

"Sure..." I said as I slowly slipped my hand from under his wrist and slipped my arm under his neck and one hand on his shoulder as I heaved him up into a sitting position. I leaned him against the tree which happened to be right next to where he was laying.

"Now we need to stop this bleeding" I said but then his head dropped to one side.

Panic swirled in my chest as I shook his unresponsive body. Is he dead? God please no. I put my fingers around his neck, my heart in my throat as I waited for the beat of the pulse. When I felt it I let out a breath of relief.

Now I need to figure out how to help him. I can't call the paramedics or the vaccine center. And I can't certainly carry him to his car not when he is unconscious and i don't even know his car. I need to wake him up. But how. I don't have water to sprinkle and- wait should I slap him? That'll wake him up I suppose but I'll have to slap him hard. But his face is already so bruised but no I need to save him and for that I need him awake. Yes. No need to feel so guilty.

Taking a deep breath, I drew my hand back and gave him the hardest slap ever.