chap 3

ISA
Beep....beep....beep...
I slowly opened my eyes to a light blue hue. The surface beneath me was soft. And there was a stale medicine smell around me which I had become familiar with over the years. I am in our Hospital.
I shifted a bit in the bed so I could see more of the room I was in. But then a familiar sharp pain tore through my side making me wince. It wasn't as bad the pain I had in the resort. That pain hurt like non other- my thoughts stopped midway.

The resort. The girl.

Thinking of her I jotted up from the bed but my wound was like shackles of pain. A scream like hiss broke from my lips and that sound was like the bullet that shattered through the unperturbed quiet in the room.

"Isa!!" an all too familiar voice cried abruptly and before I could even blink I was wrapped in a bundle of arms and was being crushed against a small soft figure.

"Oh my god you are awake. I was so so scared that I might never get to see you again" mom said crying hard and pressed me against her more tightly as if I was going to disappear any moment.

But sure as hell I am going to die of the immense pain at my side and the lack of breath. Why on Earth are short women so damn strong?

"Let him go mom or else he is going to die with the lack of breath circulation" a grave voice cut in which belonged to my eldest brother. 

Which means he is here too. Wonderful.

"Oh I am sorry!" Mom released me and gave me a moment to breathe and lean back against the bed. I roamed my eyes around the room.

Accurate enough, my eldest brother was in the room dressed in his suit, his arms folded and had his gaze pinned directly on me, as if he was trying to burn a hole through my forehead with that intense angry stare of his.

I averted my gaze and it landed at the corner of the room, where on the couch all five of my cousins aka my best friends were sprawled on, sleeping. They looked beyond exhausted and their clothes were blood stained. Poor souls had a long day. And I was the main cause of it.

"Hey look at me" my mom cupped my cheek tenderly and I faced her.

She wasn't crying anymore but her sapphire blue eyes , Identical to mine, were glistening with tears.

"I was so scared for you. It has been two days since we lost Elina and then after I got the call of you being the hospital stabbed I-" she stopped midway choking on her tears, making a bile raise up in my throat as well.

"Mom is am so sorry" I took her hand that was resting on my cheek into both of my hands.
"I am okay now. I will try my best to never inflict this kind of dread on you ever again okay? And I will find Elina and bring her back to you safe and sound-"

"No." My brother's authoritative voice boomed through the room cutting through mine.

"You won't be going anywhere. You are going to stay in the hospital and recover. I am here now and I will find Elina. You cause nothing but trouble" he said.

"But-" he cut through me again, making me clench my teeth.

"Do you have any idea how bad it was?  We are were already going nuts looking for Elina. I was in Turkey wrapping up everything so I can come here and find her. And then when I reached here I received another news that YOU are in the hospital. Dying. Do you have any idea how scared we all were!? Like it wasn't enough that Elina was kidnapped and you had to go get injured as well. You lost so much blood that the doctors weren't even sure that you'll survive. If not for that bloody scarf tied around your wound, you would be chilling with God right now" his voice was laced with anger and frustration.