16 || This Was Our Story

Bumblebee's POV

I could tell she was thinking hard about this choice. It is a big choice and I wished the best for her, either way.

Y/n nodded to herself before gazing up at me, giving me a solid answer. "Yes." She said.

I wanted to jump for joy, but I didn't want to draw any unwanted attention from this view spot. What I did, I gave her a few electronic sounds of happiness before looking on to the San Francisco Bridge and scanning my choices of vehicles. 

I think it is time for an upgrade.

The first car to come to my view was the '77 Camaro, yellow with two perfect black racing stripes down the hood. I thought it was a great fit and programmed it into my system so I could transform into a much better, and more good-looking appearance.

Y/n gasped once I presented myself to her. "No way!" She laughed, getting into the driver's side. "You're telling me you could have been a Camaro this whole time?"

"That's right!--" I told her.

"Wow..." She says, feeling her hands stroke my wheel. I could tell she really liked this new look of mine and she will forever see it.

"Your house?" I asked her, switching the stations on my radio.

She agreed. "Yeah, let's go, Bee." Y/n smiled as I kicked up dust on the path and let my new engine roar.

I couldn't believe that she actually agreed to come with me. Of course, I wanted her to but I had a slight feeling she should face her mother and family at some point.

A human, a young one, in fact, can leave their house legally at age eighteen and today is Y/n's lucky day.

I drove her back home before her family got there and the plan was for her to grab her things and we were off on a new adventure. One that we were never going to forget. Y/n steps out of my interior, looking at my paint job and trails her fingers down my hood. "I'll be right back." She told me.

Reader's POV

I walked into my destroyed house which was caused by Bee's curiosity just hours earlier. He was just interested in my world and how I lived which was totally okay with me. Why?

Because I wasn't going to clean the mess up. This is the last time I will be stepping foot in this house.

I'm sick and tired of being in here... Not just because my mother is a nut case at the moment, but because my father is no longer here in the physical world.

Yes, I love my mother, brother, and Ron, but I think it's time for me to move on. To move away and someday return with open arms.

I step through the rubble of the house until I made it to my room and found it is still the way I left it. My clothes are either dirty or clean and scattered everywhere, my cassettes are spread out on my dresser, and my boombox was playing faint music. Taking a deep breath, I smirked at the old place and grabbed a backpack from my closet.

The things I packed included photos of my family, clothes, a toothbrush, toothpaste, my feminine products, my secret stash of cash, a little bit of food, toiletries, and my Walkman. Once I got what I needed, I found a piece of notebook paper in the kitchen and snatched a black pen from a mug sitting on a window sill.

I wrote my goodbye note as fast as I could, being as kind and loving as possible.

Mom, Otis, Ron,

I know this isn't the best way to say goodbye, but I know we will say hello again one day. Being a young adult can be a challenge and I feel like I need to go away for a while-- to figure myself out. Being here another second makes me feel trapped and pressured by everything I do or say sometimes. Please don't come looking for me because I want you three to know that I am very, very safe. I promise I am safe.