Chapter 3

"Ben? You're named Ben?" Eagle was the first to say anything after the boy had fallen unconscious. "I thought you would be more of a Jace or Adams kind of guy."

Snake was looking with concern at Alex but Wolf just smacked Eagle in the arm. "That's your first question. Who cares what his name is?" Wolf turned into Fox. "I want to know what just happened? Why does he know your name? And why could he shoot like that?"

Fox picked up the boy and carried his crumpled figure onto his bed before responding. "He knows my name because I've known him for a few years, it's not your business why he could shoot like that. And as for what happened. It's," Fox hesitated, trying to find a good word. "Complicated?" He asked more than said.

"Then uncomplicate it for us." Wolf all but growled but Fox's first words clicked in his head. "Wait. you've known him for a few years. But you've been at '6 for the better part of 3 years. Do you know Cub from there?"

"What? What makes you say that?" Fox's voice was calm and confused. As if he really didn't know what Wolf was talking about.

"France. France made me think of that Fox. I thought it was only a one time thing but if he's been with '6 for more than a single mission he might have met you."

"What happened in France Wolf?" Snake asked, they had known he had gone to France as a combined mission with MI6 but he didn't know anything other than that.

"When I went to France. It was to a school and Cub was at that school spying for MI6. I got there right as he snowboarded down a mountain on an ironing board and into a train. Then I saw him trick a guard by crying and acting afraid that he kicked the guards butt in a fight. Then he rode a snowmobile into a helicopter so the principal who was also cloning the children couldn't escape." He thought for a moment, "I had always thought the boy was doing a one time mission since it was a school for children. I should have guessed otherwise. He was just too good. I don't think '6 would want to let such an asset go. That probably wasn't his first mission either. He looked too calm to be on his first mission. I'm right aren't I Fox. Cub is an agent." Fox only nodded. "Why? What could MI6 do to get Cub's parents to allow him to work for them?"

"Nothing." a hoarse voice called from Cub's bed. They all turned around to see him sitting up and leaning against the wall by the side of the bed.

"What do you mean nothing? Surely your parents wouldn't just let you put yourself in so much danger."

"Nothing." he repeated again and Fox got a saddened look on his face. "They didn't have to do anything to convince them. It's pretty easy to convince someone to do something if they're 6 feet under." It took them a split second to understand what he ment. His parents were dead.

"Oh Cub." Snake started but was quickly interrupted by the said teen.

"It doesn't matter. They've been gone for a while. I've accepted it and don't really care anymore." They looked at him in concern. "They've been dead since I was 1. They died in a plane crash when going on a trip. I had an ear infection so they were going to go without me and leave me with a babysitter. I've never really had parents. It doesn't bug me anymore." Eagle looked more worried but Snake and Wolf seemed a little more normal.

"Who takes care of you then? Aunts and uncles?" Eagle asked, still worried about the lack of family the boy seemed to have.

"I had an uncle and he took care of me from then till I was 14. He was murdered by a russian assassin. You knew that already though."

Eagle looked horrified, "Godparents?"

"Had a godfather. Fox shot and killed him on dragon nine."