Chapter 5

"What was that?" Eagle asked both happily and a little afraid. "We can't just leave."

"Really, watch us then." Cub growled back as they walked in the dark back to their cabin.

"That's why you didn't want me doing a medical on you isn't it?" Snake said as he realized it. "What happened to you?"

"That's not your business. You're my unit, not my family. You will do well to remember that." His voice was back to it's emptiness and they weren't sure if it was worse than the cold emotion he displayed earlier. He slammed open the door to their hut and stopped mid step.

Inside was another soldier who looked up in surprise. "I guess they were right that you'd come back sooner than expected." The only thought that crossed Cub's mind was who were 'they'? The soldier continued. "Sergeant wants you in his office." he walked out the door before pausing and looking at the youngest member of the team. "I'd put a shirt on if I were you."

Cub did as he was told and they all changed into new uniforms before racing off to the sergeant. It was better to not keep him waiting.

"k -unit"

"Sir!" They all shouted in sinc, standing to attention despite the pain it caused their bodies from their previous beatings.

"At ease, soldiers." They relaxed their stances. "We have a visitor who wants to talk with you." even as he said it the door in the back of the room opened and a woman entered the room. She was wearing a grey suit and sucking a peppermint, the smell following her into the room. The unit frowned as they realized it was Mrs. Jones. Cub glared and the woman only nodded to him.

"Alex. Is that anyway to treat me? I'm your employer. We've been over this." She frowned at the disrespect but turned back to the unit anyway. "As you know. You are one of the best units in the SAS and we need your specialties. You will provide backup for Agent Rider as he goes undercover to.."

"No." Cub's voice was quiet but defiant. He turned to the sergeant. "Permission to be blunt sir."

"Permission granted soldier."

"Heck to the no Tulip." Mrs. Jones frowned at the use of her first name. "I'm not going on another mission for you. I will never go on another mission for you. I have nothing left because of you and you have nothing left to get me to work for you. My mother is dead because of you. An innocent life lost because of your lack of protection. My father is dead because of you. You gave him enemies and he was killed by his best friend and my god father. My uncle killed because of a stupid mission you sent him and then me on. And Jack." His voice cracked for a moment before it came back harder, angeryer, sharper as if he was trying to take her apart piece by piece. Trying and succeeding. "And you got Jack killed." Ben frowned and the sergeant held back tears at learning just how much the boy in front of him had lost. But he didn't cry, it wouldn't be very sergeant like of him to do. "I had to watch as Jack, she was like a sister to me. Was blown to smithereens by someone who looked exactly like me. All because you had to send me to Egypt."

"I understand you've lost a lot Alex but,"

"Don't you dare but me Ms. Jones. Anything I can do can be done by someone else. Someone who is paid to do it, trained to do it, and has the proper ability to do it. The world was fine before my missions and it will be still." he took a breath and was interrupted.

"Tom"

"Excuse me." Cub growled and everyone flinched at his voice.

"Tom Harris." Ms. Jones had the sense to look a little scared