4

I sighed as I pulled into the parking lot where I was supposed to meet with Ms.Renolds, I sigh with a shakey breath and walk up the stairs of the small restaurant she had requested, but as stopped at the door and a burly man asked to see my Ticket, I showed him the email between Ms.Renolds and me and he allowed me through.

"Hi, you must be Carrie! Aren't you just adorable?" A woman I can only presume to be Ms.Renolds says with long sleek black hair, high cheekbones and an amazing dress suit. I blush and nod waving slightly.

"Hi! Yeah, that's me." I awkwardly giggle out as she smiles warmly

"I'm so glad you're here, Carrie, here at ABAA we love to help and take in and take care of struggling littles. This is the Playhouse, the front is a restaurant that is very known in the community but in the back, well, it would be better to just show you." She says as she walks signaling for me to follow her, I take in the beautiful walls of the cafe with its Cottagecore aesthetic.

The fake ivy climbing the walls and intricate designs carved into the walls with stained wood tabled that have doilies and little tea sets out. I struggle to both keep up the Ms.Renolds and looking at everything. Once we get to the back she pushes open a hidden wall that reveals an adult size playground.

I stare in awe at the indoor playground, the fake grass, pastel-colored playgrounds, and the adult-sized equipment and take it in. It was gorgeous, I was surprised this place was real and not a scam.
I follow Ms. Reynolds through the playground and into another room this one looked similar to a fancy apartment complex, it was monochrome with lots of blacks and greys with a couple of plants for decoration, I followed her to a desk where a receptionist was busily typing away

"Matt, this is Carrie, our new addition." Matt looked up at me and smiled warmly

"Oh! You're Carrie! I'm so excited to meet you, I hope you love it here. I do have some papers for you to fill out when you get settled." he says sweetly and hands me a folder of paper

"Thank you, Matt, I'll try to get these back to you asap."  I answer and follow Ms. Reynolds to an elevator. We stand in comfortable silence until the elevator reaches the third floor then we exit, she leads me to room 26 and unlocks the door to lead me in. The apartment is spacious with a single bed and bath, perfect for someone living alone.

"This is your apartment! Your paperwork should have all important information, as well as activities and adoption information." Ms. Reynolds smiles and I look at her confused

"Adoption?" I ask, hoping for clarification

"Well, yes, every month we hold a event for doms to come meet littles and start talking and seeing each other and then they may choose to 'adopt' that little and take them home." she explains and I nod, that makes more sense than actually being adopted

"Ill have someone bring up your bags so you can get settled, here's your keys. If you need anything ask the receptionist on duty."

I take the keys and bow my head in appreciation, this was going to be a very interesting ordeal.