6

(Carries pov)

I had decided to not go out to the event tonight, it felt too soon, I had just moved in and wanted to settle down before I went looking for people. That was of course until someone knocked on my door,

"One second, I'm coming!" I yell as I walk towards the door, I pull it open to see a tall man standing in my doorway.

"Oh, you're new, what happened to Sofia?" he asks, I look down at the ground because it's less intimidating than his dark eyes

"I don't know who Sofia is, I just moved in, I'm sorry," I answer

"Why are you apologizing?." he asks and I look back up at him and take in his features for a moment
He has gorgeous long dark hair with intense eyes, they remind me of the sky on a stormy night, pure black, he was pale and had a very serious energy. His presence was almost overwhelming.

"I don't know why I'm apologizing, it's just what I'm supposed to do." I answer and he chuckles,

"I guess that is a fair reason, What's your name not sofia?" I hesitate for a moment and briefly consider not telling him

"My name is Carrie, what's yours?" I ask, looking at his band t-shirt that's unreadable

"Alex. I'm gonna get going, it was nice talking to you, hopefully, I'll see you around." he gives me a small wave and walks away from my doorway, I stand there for a moment staring at him as he walks away, I quickly pull away and shut the door, as I'm standing against it I catch my reflection in the mirror and realize how underdressed I am in my nightgown and slippers, I bury my head in my hands and laugh a bit, of course the one night I meet the hottest guy I've ever seen I look like I rolled out of bed.

(Alex's POV)
I sat in my car starting up at her window, the curtains were thankfully closed so I didn't feel like a complete psychopath, there may have been a Sofia who lived in that apartment before her but truth be told I had no idea, just needed to talk to her and see if she was okay, her past week has been entirely hectic with the break-in, the moving, and everything. It was exhausting to orchestrate everything truthfully, but she was finally in the position to not be as stressed.

I thought about the first time I saw her, it was there at the new shop Elizabeth wanted to try, I reluctantly went because she bitched but I'm so glad I went, her pastel hair originally caught my attention but it was the way she smiled at me that made me stop breathing, at that moment I realized that I needed her and I wanted her more than anything, she is so stubborn and so brave and strong, I want her to lower her guard and realize she deserves to be cared for and loved on.

I watched as the light turned off in her bedroom and smiled to myself and checked the time. Nearly 4am, Wed have to work on a bedtime once she's with me. I sighed and finally started my car to drive home, wondering how many trips without her with me if have to make.