38

ϟ after the war ϟ

ϟ after the war ϟ

Carina Andy Greengrass-Black was coming home to her and her wife's house after a shift at St.Mungo's as a healer.

Walking into the house, she heard sniffles. Carina immediately picked up her wand and ran to her wife.

She saw Daphne on the couch with a journal in her hands.

Daphne's head snapped up looking at her wife with tears streaming down her face.

She sat next to Daphne and pulled her onto her lap, "Daph what is wrong?" She said which made the woman cry even harder.

"I was coming home and I saw this on the porch with a note and I read it," Daphne said trying not to sob. "My parents always talked about how great and nice your mum was and I think this was hers."

Carina looked at the journal and her eyes filled up with tears.

"I-I didn't mean to impose, I wouldn't have read it if I knew what it was I am sor-"

Carina stopped her, "Shhh I know babe I know it is okay," She said softly trying to comfort her wife.

After a couple of minutes, the two sat in silence trying to calm down, "Okay Car you need to read this, I will leave you alone to do that," Daphne said getting up letting her wife read it in privacy.

Carina nodded and hesitantly opened the diary.

dear diary, the first day of hogwarts...

dear diary... I found a new family...

.... lacey rhea rosier...

dear diary, you didn't recognize me....

...let the war begin...

dear diary, I have a date...

.... I have no choice...

....I am a deatheater....

.... lacey rhea black...

...stepped over her body...

.... I am pregnant...

light of my life

my little angel

no boys until you are thirty!

Dad, you didn't have to worry about that one.

Carina turned the page and there was slightly different handwriting on it, but when she read it that is when the entire diary changed.

"Daph, please come here," Carina sobbed out.

Daphne came running out and hugged her wife.

"Your parents loved you so much, they would be so proud of you my love, so proud."

And she was right.

Carina looked up at Daphne, "You said there was a note with it?"

Daphne nodded and gave the letter to her.

***

Dear Carina,

Hi I am your cousin, Lily's son. I found this after the war in a box of my mum's stuff and I decided that you deserve to have this not me. I am sorry I didn't give it to you sooner. I hope you are considering being family one day.

- Harry Potter

***

Carina looked up to Daphne with wide eyes.

"Blimy I am related to Harry Potter."