{ INDEX & GLOSSARY }

*    *    *

I N D E X

Chapter 1: The Half-Blood Execution
Chapter 2: A Reunion of Heirs
Chapter 3: One Foot in the Grave
Chapter 4: Sly as a Fox
Chapter 5: Judgment of the Court
Chapter 6: Depart Into Darkness
Chapter 7: Veil of Mystery
Chapter 8: Souls of the Dead
Chapter 9: Ulterior Motive
Chapter 10: A Plague of Plagiarism
Chapter 11: Coincidental Suicide
Chapter 12: Fight or Flight
Chapter 13: An Iron Heart
Chapter 14: Sealed Confession
Chapter 15: To Grieve in Silence
Chapter 16: Darkness Blooms
Chapter 17: The Duke's Demise
Chapter 18: Pandora's Box
Chapter 19: Love Lies Bleeding
Chapter 20: Patience is Key
Chapter 21: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 22: Stockholm Syndrome
Chapter 23: A Colorful Truth
Chapter 24: Prison Break
Chapter 25: Corrupt Crown
Chapter 26: Trust No One
Chapter 27: The Blood of Ravens
Chapter 28: My Madness, My Muse
Chapter 29: King of Death
Chapter 30: Reaper of Eternity
Epilogue: The Lost Heir

G L O S S A R Y

{ ONLY READ if you FORGET definitions }

— THERE ARE SPOILERS —

Adelfí: The Koltean endearment of Sister, from the language of the Greeks.

Adelfos: The Koltean endearment of Brother, from the language of the Greeks.

Ahuízotls: Water wolves native to Leutes, which have small wolf ears with a monkey hand as a tail.

Aulup Bevatore: The Royal Guards of Sidiem's Royal family, led by General Atanase.

Crow: A Koltean citizen born with darker wings, usually black or a very dark gray. Only Crows are capable of royalty.

Dahu: Goat-like creatures native to Sidiem, which have uneven legs.

Dove: An Isetían citizen born with pale wings, usually smaller in wingspan and creamy in color.

Edafi Ball: A Ball to commemorate the lives lost during the War, and used to keep the peace between the five Kingdoms. The location of the Ball rotates each year, and moves from Kingdom to Kingdom.

Edafi War: A battle between the humans and the five species (Isetíans, Sidiens. Leutens, Oredrans, Kolteans), which lasted over five years. It ended in the victory of the species and the extinction of the human population.

Fiacello: Corporeal birds made of fiery red flames native to Sidiem. They resemble that of robins and have an average wingspan of 16 inches. Their flame, though tangible, does not affect the branches or environment it interacts with. Their diet consists of Red Wisteria fruit and leaves of the golden color.

Fox: A Sidien citizen born with fox ears and tail, of different species. Only the Royal family has red fox features.

Gerakinos: Red-Tailed beasts native to Kolteo's forest, they resemble that of black phoenixes and have an average wingspan of forty feet. They govern the skies of Kolteo's forestry, hunting anything which has flesh and blood.

Ilangíbì: Taken from the words Sun in Xhosa: Ilanga, and Birthright in Yoruba: Ìbí, it is the Isetían ability to control light and sources which produce it. They are able to blind and burn their enemies, removing darkness and purging those who are impure.

Impundulu: Lightning birds native to Isetía, which are inherently bloodthirsty and possess gold and white feathers.

Impurists: A Koltean citizen whose parents were a Raven and a Crow. These are citizens who are half-bloods and are killed immediately to control the purity of blood.

Lizard: A Leuten citizen born with the lower body of a lizard species.

Mannadieu: Taken from the words Werewolf in Italian: Mannaro, and God in French: Dieu, it is the Sidien ability to shapeshift into that of an enchanted wolf, or fox, depending on the species the user is born as.

Mavisis: Birds native to Kolteo's forestry, they have talons and beaks made of chemically accurate silver. They have no eyes and use clicks and screeches to communicate. They live together in flocks and prefer jumping rather than flying.

Nottastoré: Griffin-like creature native to Sidiem's forestry, they have the body of a lion, the head of a bird, and the wings of an enormous eagle with feathers of either gold or silver. They have an average wingspan of forty feet and were used in the Edafí War as weapons.

Nycrís: Taken from the words Night in Greek: Nýchta, and User in Greek: Chrístis, it is the Koltean ability to control darkness and, at times, the souls of the dead. They are able to feel the presence of souls and control corporeal shadows.

Nyx Ippuroi: The Royal Guards of Kolteo's Royal family, led by General Osteria.

Oma: The Koltean word for Grandmother, from the language of the Greeks.

Orca: An Oredran citizen born with the tail of an orca on land, and the lower half of an orca in water. Only Orcas are capable of becoming royalty.

Orcus: Etruscan and Roman God of the Underworld, used by Sidiens, replacing the word 'hell'.

Qilins: Horse-like creatures native to Oredra, which have fish scales as fur and carry the head of an Eastern or European dragon.

Raven: A Koltean citizen born with dark wings with a purple tint, usually dark gray or a neutral gray.

Shark: An Oredran citizen born with varying tales of a type of shark on land, and the lower half of a shark in water.

Snake: A Leuten citizen born with the lower body of a poisonous snake species.

Swam: An Isetían citizen born with pure white wings with gold under feathers. They have a larger wingspan then doves.

Wolf: A Sidien citizen born with wolf ears and tail, of different species. Only the Royal family has white wolf features.

*    *    *