late night 'i love you'

'finally, i can go home..'

akutagawa exits the port mafia headquarters and drives home, after a long day of everyday assignments. blue and orange hues painting the sky as its canvas, like watercolor.

'i swear, if i get home and jinko is still awake..'

every night akutagawa comes home after work, atsushi tries to stay awake long enough to see his boyfriend before sleeping. akutagawa usually arrives home fairly late at night and attempts to persuade him to sleep, but the jinko always insists on staying awake.

the mafioso gets out of his vehicle and locks the doors, he walks up the stairs to his shared apartment and grips the key to unlock it.

he opens the door, "im home jinko-" a look around the room and only darkness is visible, except for the master bedroom's light. he sighs and drops his keys on the kitchen counter.

he walks in the bedroom and observes atsushi struggling to stay awake, while watching what sounds like an anime on his computer in his lap. a soft smile appears on the mafioso's normally expressionless face, admiring his jinko.

akutagawa clears his throat, making his presence known to the jinko. atsushi awakes from his little trance and quickly notices akutagawa leaning against the doorway, with a gentle smile.

"hi aku~ how was work?" atsushi beamed sleepily, he quickly jumped out of bed and paced to the ravenette, wrapping his arms around the other's neck. akutagawa accepted the embrace, wrapping his arms around the other's waist.

"hi jinko, work was fine. but why are you still awake? we've talked about this", atsushi kisses akutagawa's cheek and frowns. "i know, i know. but i wanted to see you!"

akutagawa sighs, giving atsushi a quick passionate kiss. "just, please try to get some sleep tonight, okay?" the silverette gives a silent agreement.

the jinko cutely yawns and digs his face into the crook of akutagawa's neck. "hm, let's go to bed." atsuhsi responds with a deep exhale.

he walks back to bed, the jinko snuggles under the soft blankets and comforter, drowning in the sensational comfort.

akutagawa quickly changes into comfortable clothing and switches the light off. he lays in the bed, leaning on his side to face his lover.

the room painted in darkness, almost nothing visible. atsushi twists his body and faces akutagawa, mere inches from the other's deep grey eyes.

silence engulfs their shared atmosphere, only comfort being shared with one another without the need for words.

atsushi is the first to break the silence, "aku?"

akutagawa awakes from his short slumber. "hm..yes jinko?" he mumbles. the jinko remains silent for a few seconds before responding.

"i love you", he whispers, akutagawa is a bit shocked at the mere three words. this is the first time he's said or mentioned this romantic gesture. it feels like he's being offered a gift he won't refuse.

the ravenette smiles in the darkness. akutagawa wraps his arms around atsushi's waist, pulling him into a warm embrace.

"i love you too, jinko." he whispers into the other's ear.

atsushi accepts the gesture and digs his face into akutagawa's chest, inhaling the other's comforting scent.

shin soukoku sink into the comfort of their bed, exploring one another's warmth and comforting scent, reassuring them, they are not and will never feel the loneliness they once felt as children.

falling asleep in each other's arms.

they each, were once alone.

now, they've found a reason to not give up.

[6/15/21]
arsucajabsjabksna i actually like this one for once lol