6 - Protector

As I was making my way back home, the sky began to grow dark and the air colder. I pulled my shirt around me tighter, ducking my head down to avoid anyone I saw, not that there was anybody on the street anyway.

I kept replaying the situation I had gotten myself in earlier, with both Bobby and Jim. The way Bobby was so interested in me, as was Jim, yet I hardly knew either of them. Was it me or were they just bored kids who needed a girl to entertain them?

His touch, his hair, eyes... Something I'd never taken much notice of on a boy before, but there was something so different and attractive about Jim, not something that I was able to ignore easily either.

I made my way past a large group of people: homeless. They looked awful, sleeping rough, no change of clothes, men hadn't shaved in what looked like months.

I walked faster, almost breaking into a jog as I rounded the corner of the street, leaving the homeless behind by at least a hundred yards.

As I turned the corner, I was faced by two boys. One was tall, topping six feet with black hair, the other was short, not over five foot six, his hood being up and a mask covering his face.

I gulped, noticing how they hadn't seen me yet. They had to be around fifteen feet away, far away enough to not even hear me had I sneaked by them.

As I began walking, my back being tucked against the brick wall to my right, I accidentally kicked a large stone which landed by the taller boys foot.

Both of their heads snapped up in my direction right before they began waltzing toward me. I felt myself begin to feel faint, but I began sprinting away from the two as they seemed sketchy.

I heard them give up running after me after I had made it to the opposite street over, around half a mile from the apartment.

I stopped to catch my breath, leaning on a railing, it creaking as I did so. I began to find myself being swamped in my thoughts again as I stood there.

"Hey, Georgie," He spoke as he approached me, his short brown hair swaying in the wind.

I could smell the warm summer air, the tree pollen filling my nose like it had when I was back at the ranch, the only thing that was missing was my father.

"Yeah?" I smiled at the boy before me, being caught in his own smile.

He reached out and took my hand in his own, his surprisingly soft skin sweeping against my palm. He brought my hand up to his face, pressing his dry, plump lips against the back of it. I felt the butterflies rise in the pit of my stomach as I finally felt like I'd gotten his attention, something I'd been trying to do for months.

I felt his emerald eyes land on mine, watching them as they studied my features.

I suddenly felt an urge to kiss him, but no matter how hard I tried to suppress it, I did it anyway, going against everything I had told myself. I knew I really didn't want to though, that was the strange thing, it was like he'd manipulated me somehow into thinking I did.

He didn't stop me either, in fact, he leaned into it. He pulled me close without hesitation, making me immediately feel like he was in control.

Once I felt like he was smothering me I tried to push him away, but he wouldn't budge.

"No," I muttered as he continued to roughly kiss me, "Stop,"

He carried on, pushing me against the wall behind me before pressing himself against me. I hated the feeling of him on me like that, it was scary how he knew his way around, if you get me, he was experienced that was obvious.