8 - Secrets

As we walked down the street, I still felt queasy, not sick, but more of an uneasy feeling deep in my gut. My eyes scowered the empty streets, my mind pondering on whether I should flee home when I could.

I felt Jim beside me, his arm kept brushing my own as he walked next to me, our strides in rhythm with each other.

"Where are we going?" I suddenly questioned the boy.

He laughed, "Was wondering when you'd ask," He began as he interlocked his arm with mine, his stride matching my own.

I looked down at our interlocked arms, the familiar feeling building inside of me and making me want to push him away, yet I felt safe in his arms. Guess it wasn't the same feeling afterall.

"The Quarry," He replied bluntly, his eyes staring ahead as a smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth.

I felt a smile growing on my face at the thought of it going dark at the quarry and us sitting under the stars together.

He glanced back at me when I had only offered a nod in response, seeing my lit up face made his eyes light up, too.

He suddenly came to a halt, releasing my arm in the meantime. I stopped, puzzled by the action as I spun around to face him.

He held out his hand to me, his gaze having grown darker by the second. I gulped and tried to hide how nervous I felt around him by taking his hand as confidently as possible.

He sniggered at my response, "Don't look so terrified," He started as he swept his other hand over the back of mine which was interlocked with his, "I don't bite, much,"

I let out a shaky breath at the meaning behind his words before opening my mouth, "Have you spoken to Bobby since last night?" I blurted out, not having thought of it to be a sensitive subject.

His grip on my hand tightened to the point I let out a high pitched gasp, feeling his fingers press hard against my own.

"No," He replied sternly through gritted teeth.

I sighed before coming to a halt, "Look, I don't know how I upset you last night, but I'm not standing for any shit from you, Jim,"

He smirked as he dropped my hand, his gaze latching onto mine possessively as he lowered his head. I gulped as I took a step back; he approached me slowly before my back hit a brick wall behind me.

I frowned at him as he placed his hands either side of my head and leaned in, "I wouldn't talk down to me like that if I were you,"

I shook my head at him as I eyed him cautiously, "You don't scare me,"

I flinched when he brought his hand up quickly to meet my throat, his palm pressing gently on my windpipe as his thumb and fingers wrapped themselves either side of it.

He chuckled as he pressed his lips to my ear, "Not what you said last night,"

I scoffed and brought my hands up to meet his chest, shoving at it hard as he laughed in response.

"What's your deal with me?" I frowned as I stared at him, anger filling my veins.

He raised his eyebrows before dropping them and shoving his hands into his shorts, "You're different, you don't beg for me to bed you and act as though you hate me when really we both know you don't,"

I looked around nervously after my frown was immediately dropped from my face, not having expected that response to leave his lips.

I opened my mouth to speak before shutting it and rethinking what I was going to say.

He smiled a cocky grin before nodding back to the pavement where we were previously walking, not saying another word.

---

As the sun began to set, we lay back on the rocks which overlooks the open waters of the quarry, feeling the warm summer sun beaming down on us.

I stared at the orange sky as the clouds turned red, watching the bright orange sun drop behind the water, leaving a cool breeze to cover us.

I felt a shiver rise up my spine as I pulled my eyes away from the setting sun, seeing three sets of eyes eyeing me.

I gulped as I sat up, brushing my fringe behind my ear nervously.

"So," Mickey piped up as he shifted beside me, leaning back on his elbows as his eyes trailed up and down any parts of my body which were visible to him, "You single?"

My eyes widened as I buried my face in my palms, "My god," I whined, genuinely not expecting any of them to come onto me because of Jim.

"Mick, what you talking about?" I heard Neutron speak in a confused tone from the left side of me.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"She's Jim's, Mick," Pedro's voice occupied my ears momentarily, his tone sounding more frustrated.

I heard Mickey scoff from beside me. I felt what must've been his hand creep up my back, the pressure seemed he wanted me more than Jim did.

I flinched forward away from him, pulling my face from my hands and standing to my feet. The other boys seemed alarmed by my sudden lunge, their eyes having grown wide.

"Woah, chill amiga," Mickey reassured as he joined me on his feet.

I gulped, having a huge drop behind myself making my stomach twist into knots.

"Where's Jim?" I questioned as my eyes scoured around the familiar setting, not seeing him anywhere in sight.

"He's down there," Neutron spoke, causing me to spin around and see his finger pointing over the edge of the cliff.

My eyes followed his line of sight and were met by Jim waving up at us. He was shouting something but none of us could make out what he was saying.

"What do you say, you stripping?" I heard Mickey's flirtatious voice fill my ears once again before feeling his arms wrap around my waist tightly.

I groaned as he pulled himself into me, whispering inaudible things into my ear, yet I knew I didn't want to hear them.

I heard Pedro and Neutron struggle with him as they tried to remove his tight grip from my waist, but to no avail.

"Get off me!" I shouted as I finally managed to shove at his chest hard enough and released his grip from my body.

He took a few steps back, his eyes wide as he appeared stunned by my sudden gain of strength. I caught my breath before stepping backwards off the ledge, allowing my body to relax in the air before my shoes colliding aggressively with the surface of the water.