16

"Why is he here?" "Because he had something important to say," Y/n sighed annoyed at the man who interrupted their would have been sweet moment. "Is he here to kill us or something?" Hazel glanced at his hand and noticed he still had his gun drawn. " Oh, shit, sorry about that. Old habits," He apologized as he put his gun back in its holster. "Well, I can understand why you feel that way," "Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill my family, and kidnapped my brother," Five said as he played with the silly straw of his margarita. "Not to mention, I almost died because you and your partner decided to shoot up a department store," Hazel sighed, "Well there's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget I'm not the only killer in this room, you got your own bloody history pal," He said as he gestured to Five. He took a sip from his margarita as he listened to his former enemy speak.

"That job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here takin' to you, after all--," "Jesus Christ, Hazel, what do you want!" Y/n snapped, tired of hearing him stall. Hazel was about to speak up but was cut short by Diego kicking him in the back. "Diego stop!" Five yelled out.
Y/n continued to sip on her margarita as she watched the two grown men fight. "You know before you kill him you might wanna listen to what he has to say," Five said as he watched the brawl. "10 bucks on Hazel," Y/n said as she poured herself another margarita.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to patch," Diego growled as he pulled out one of his knives. "Or don't see how that goes," "We were having such a peaceful time before you to asswipes showed up," Y/n yelled at them. Five nodded in agreement, thinking of what they would be doing right now if they hadn't been interrupted. The two teens continued to watch the elders fight. Diego had finally landed a successful hit on Hazel by stabbing him in the leg. "Should I break them up?" Y/n asked as she turned to Five. Five shook his head, "Nah, let them at it z little longer. They deserve it,"

Y/n took a long sip from her drink as she watched Diego kick Hazel's ass. "This is getting boring," "Agreed." Hazel had finally managed to take a hold of Diego, but Diego took his shot and started to bite Hazel's ear. "Okay now you can stop it," Y/n nodded and deployed her strings and attached them to Hazel while Five spacial jumped behind Diego and smashed a glass vase over his head. Knocking him out cold. "I draw the line at biting," Five grunted as he jumped off the sofa. "Hazel you better hurry up and speak your peace before bootleg batman comes to," Y/n said detaching her strings from him.

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, and came to volunteer," Hazel breathed. "For what?" "To help stop the apocalypse," Y/n and Fice chuckled. "Should I tell him or should you," Y/n laughed. "What could possibly be so funny to you right now?" Hazel asked as he dusted himself of broken glass. "Before we answer that. Why do you want to help us?" "Let's just say I've taken an interest in a donut shop," He said looking at the two. "Well I hate to break it to you, Hazelnut, you're a day behind," Y/n smiled. "In fact, you being here right now means without a doubt, the apocalypse is over," Five smiled.

"Really? How do you know?" Hazel questioned as he started to get hopeful. "The mark. He's dead. Found this morning, you were just the unknown in the equation." Five explained as he stirred his drink. Hazel let out a breath of relief upon hearing the good news. "Wow, this is amazing," He chuckled as he made his way up to the bar. He took a seat next to Y/n and grabbed the bender that had the rest of the frozen beverage in it. He took a drink and set it back down with a sigh of relief. "So now what?" He asked. "Honestly, I don't know," Five sighed. "I've been chasing this thing for so long I never thought about the day after," Five chuckled, "What about you?" "I'm done with all this madness. It's time to start over, and you should do the same. You too, Y/n," Y/n and five scoffed, "That's easier said than done, big man." Y/ said taking a sip of her margarita.

"It doesn't have to be hard. I mean think about it like this, if you never time traveled, you never got caught up with the Handler, what would have happened?" Five glanced to Y/n and glanced to Diego who was lying unconscious on the floor. "I guess I would have grown up to be an emotionally stunted man-child like everyone else around here," Y/n chuckled "Well there you go. You and Y/n can grow up now," He said as he got up from his seat. There was a small silence before Five spoke up, "Hazel before you leave. Which one of you was the trigger man for Detective Patch?"

"Trigger woman," Hazel breathed. Five sighed in disappointment, "That gun could have helped clear my brother's name," Hazel sighed and reached into his back holster and pulled out two guns, "Well today is your lucky day, amigo. Take em' both," he said as he put them down on the bar. "I'm done with this life," With that a comfortable silence filled the room as the two tees watched Hazel leave the mansion.

"Well that wasn't what I expected," Y/n said as she let out a sigh. Five nodded in agreement finishing his margarita. The two stayed silent thinking about what Hazel had said. "Maybe he's right, maybe we could start over," Five turned to Y/n, "You think so?" "I mean yeah, sure it'll be tough but I'm positive we can do it," Five smiled and nodded. The two smiled and stayed silent until grunting could be heard. The two turned around and saw Diego finally coming conscious.

"Well well well, bootleg batman finally decided to join the party,"
Y/n said as she watched Diego get up. Once he had come out of his blurred state he jumped to his feet and looked around. "Where is he?" He asked turning to Five. "I let him go," "You what?" Diego gritted as he walked up to the teen. "Now that the apocalypse is over it's time for the fighting to stop," Diego scoffed and picked his knives up off the floor. "Hey he didn't kill patch, his partner Cha-cha did," Five explained, "So what?" "So that means sit your ass down and listen," Y/n said getting annoyed with Diego's hero complex.

"They were both there that night," "But this partnership got me both of their guns, which will clear your because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene." Five explained. "Hazel came here looking for a way out, and he turned out to have possession of the one thing that could clear your name and do our family a little good," Y/n sighed, "Come on Diego it's time to move on," "Not a chance," Five pursed his lips and Y/n scoffed. "Suit yourself," Five said as he jumped off his seat. He was going to grab for Delores, but Y/n had stopped and shook her head. Five rolled his eyes.

"I'm curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What'd you like about her?" "A lot of things, cute butt nice legs," Y/n face palmed as she put her glass on the bar and got up. "Anything a little more profound than that?" Diego went on to explain what he truly liked about his girlfriend and what made her such a person in his eyes. "Well I'm sure she'll be proud to know you're killing Hazel and Cha-cha to honor her memory," Five said before he walked off. "You know," Y/n said as she began to follow Five.

"Maybe instead of thinking what will make you happy, you should think about what would have made her happy,"

(Hey guys i hope you're enjoying the book so far, but i just made an Instagram account for Wattpad. Link is in my bio. Also don't forget to follow comment and vote!)