Chapter Four

"Intimacy is a four syllable word for "Here is my heart and soul, please grind them into a hamburger, and enjoy". It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without. Intimacy also comes attached with life's three R's: relatives, romance and roommates. There are some things you can't escape. And other things you just don't want to know. I wish there was a rulebook for intimacy. Some kind of guide to tell you when you've crossed the line. It would be nice if you could see it coming, and I don't know how you fit it on a map. You take it where you can get it, and keep it as long as you can. And as for rules, maybe there are none. Maybe the rules of intimacy are something you have to define for yourself".  

"can't say it's been that great. no, in fact, it's been a wasted, worried year"

Izzie, Lucy, Meredith and George started to get ready for the day. George walked into the bathroom to see Izzie and Lucy brushing their teeth. Izzie parading around in her underwear shocking George with her lack of personal boundaries. Lucy chuckled at the look on his face.

"I'm just saying, I want you to have your privacy and uh, dignity", George said as they walked into the hospital. "George, look at me in my underwear, I don't care", Izzie replied. Lucy and Meredith chuckled.

"I heard Liz Fallon is in the hospital", Holly said to Cristina. "The veteran scrub nurse?" Cristina asked. Holly nodded. "Kepner, Yang. You're on my service today so I'm assigning you to Nurse Fallon. Take good care of her", Dr Taylor said to them.

George caught up with Lucy and Meredith. "Look, I'm not complaining", he said, continuing his argument from the morning. "Grey, Shepherd, Karev, you're assisting Dr Shepherd on a trauma today", a nurse told them.

"Grey, Shepherd, Karev, this is Jorge Cruz. Injured himself falling down the stairs with a nail gun in his hand", Derek stated, when they entered the room. "Sixteen nails are embedded in his head and it is progressively getting worse. Now, we can perform surgery to extract the nails but it can be risky and may be fatal. It's up to you, Zona".

"23 cases involving nail guns. One of them was suicide", George said to Lucy, as he stared at the computer. "Holy shit", she replied.

"I just want you guys to respect my wants and needs", George complained to Lucy and Izzie. "George, you're being dramatic. By the way, it's your turn for groceries. We need tampons", Lucy said.

"You didn't buy the tampons?!" Lucy yelled at George as she searched the cabinet in the bathroom. "Men don't buy tampons!" George yelled back.

Lucy and Izzie entered the locker room to find photos of Izzie in provocative poses taped to all the lockers. "Sh, sh, sh", Alex shushed the interns. "We have Bethany Whisper in our locker room. They really airbrush that tattoo". "You wanna see it?" Izzie asked. "Okay, fine. Let's see, breasts, how does anyone practice medicine with these around and glutes, my god!" She walked up to Alex and said: "You can call me Dr Model all you want, but while you're sitting on 200 grand of student loans, I'm out of debt". She then pushed and stormed off. "You're such a dick!" Lucy yelled, running for Alex. George pulled her back. "Lucy, let's go", he said. "No, O'Malley, I wanna see what she could do to my nerves. Maybe your brother could fix it for me", Alex shouted. "What did you just say?" Lucy asked him. "Derek is your brother?" Meredith questioned from the doorway.

"No one was supposed to know. I don't want to be his sister. Being a Shepherd is the worst", Lucy explained to Meredith.

"So, I slept with your brother?"

"Yeah"

"Sorry"

"Do whatever you want, just keep Dr Pain-in-the-Ass away from me"

the cat's out of the bag. everyone knows lucy and derek are siblings but she still hates him lol. song is many shades of black by adele