Chapter 14: Eret, Bread, And Escape Plans

I did humanity a favor and changed the last chapter's name.

Over the following days, you notably became happier and happier. Ranboo was your first friend who hadn't tried to kill you or kidnap you. He had a strange sense of humor, but it was one that could actually make you laugh.

Stop talking about bread.

Why? It's all there is to eat in this place.

You literally told me yesterday that you ate carrots and chicken.

...The only quality food. They don't even have potatoes!

My condolences. What flowers do you want on your gravestone?

Potatoes.

...Flowers, Y/N. Flowers.

It was also pretty cool that he was half-Enderman. At first, he'd been surprised that you didn't think it was weird, but once you explained the fact that Wilbur, fully human, and a salmon had a half-fox child, he admitted that there were stranger things that half-Enderman.

The weirdest fact of all, however, was the fact that you implicitly trusted him. He was the first person in around a year you'd actually told your name to. Even beyond that, you told him stories that only Technoblade had ever heard. Speaking of Techno, you'd even admitted that he was your father.

Why is your sword named Orphan Slayer? ...Actually, I don't want to know.

Parental heritage for the win :D

You do realize that almost everyone here is an orphan.

...Yep!

Why are you so happy about that fact?

You grinned, but slammed the book closed as footsteps approached. Capping the inkwell, you wrapped it and the quill up and shoved all three things between the slats of the bed. You'd just laid back down on your bed when Sapnap's head appeared, and with it, a plate containing a carrot and two loaves of bread.

"Hey Shadow!" He chirped. "George and I are going swimming, want to come with?" From the moment he said the word "swimming", you started violently shaking your head. "Uh, you okay?" Sapnap asked hesitantly.

You took a shuttering breath. "I'm NOT going swimming, under ANY circumstance."

Sapnap looked confused. "Why? You love the rain."

"NO." You snarled, clenching your fists.

"Ooooooh," Sapnap said, looking like he understood. "You can't swim."

"SHUT UP!" You cried, throwing your pillow at him. "IT'S NOT JUST THAT." You closed your eyes, shivering. "My father and I, we never had any need to swim. We always just took boats." You sighed. "One time, however, I fell out of the boat. I... well, I sunk. And nearly drowned." You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath. "And now, whenever I'm in water, I feel like I'm going to drown. I have panic attacks." Opening your eyes, you found Sapnap staring sympathetically at you. "What?" you snapped at him. "Stop LOOKING at me like that!"

Sapnap raised an eyebrow. "Like... What exactly?"

"Like I'm some poor, helpless panda with no future," you barked at him. "Go drown yourself." You waved him away, grabbing the carrot off of the plate. Sapnap shrugged, grinned, and left.