Chapter 1 Senku

Senku had never been the kind of guy to look for love. not once had he had a crush, and this in no way bothered him. He wasn't lonely. Senku had his friends and his science to focus on, why waste time with a girl? It's not like he'd never had a chance to have a relationship, many girls had asked him out before. He had just never seen a girl that he was interested in before. One day, however, his 15 year record for liking no girls changed. Except, it wasn't a girl he liked, it was a guy.

Senku was working at the school lab before classes that day started, working on his current project for science club. While he was doing his work, Taiju had burst into the lab, claiming to have a big announcement for Senku. Apparently, he was going to confess his feelings to Yuzuriha. Senku graciously offered him the gasoline he had refined from plastic bottle caps (under the guise of it being a love potion), yet Taiju had refused his offer, not wanting to rely on cheap tricks to win over the 'love of his life'. After he had barged out of the science lab as quickly as he barged in, Senku got back to his work.
One of his classmates was reading a magazine about phycology, and loudly blabbing on about different mentalist terms. Senku thought that this entire concept was a bunch of bullshit. Of course phycology is real, but not that dumb stuff like hypnotism or whatever. His classmate was bothering him about taking a quiz, but Senku said no.
"A simple test about a few things I like cannot tell my personality. Asagiri Gen is full of shit, and I'm not just saying that. Id say that to his face," he smirked "And besides, we all know the kind of person I am already. I'm a total asshole."

The whole class sighed. All of them knew, from years of first hand experience, that nothing would be able to change Senku's mind about this. The classmate who brought the magazine may have disagreed with Senku about Gen's integrity, but he did whole heartily agree Senku was an ass.

When all was said and done, Senku actually had a pretty good day. Yuzuriha and Taiju had gotten together, Senku's dad texted him a picture of a grumpy guy eating ramen in space and it was just overall peaceful. Nothing huge or lifechanging happened, like say, a flash of green light turning everyone to stone. Nope, totally normal day in japan.

A few days later, Senku woke up to a text message from Taiju, who had won three tickets to a magic show through a radio contest. Senku wasn't particularly fond of magic, finding it glaringly obvious and devoid of scientific sense. However, he agreed to go to the show simply to spend time with his friends, as he hadn't had the chance since they became a couple. They were practically inseparable. While it wasn't Senku's idea of a great time, he figured he could at least mock the magician with them afterward.

On the day of the show, Senku donned a casual sweater, paired with black pants and plain shoes. He made his way to Taiju's apartment, where Yuzuriha was already waiting. They spent some time together before heading to the show. Since it was a live taping, the audience consisted mostly of children accompanied by their parents. It seemed that the three of them were among the few attendees older than eleven. The adults cast disapproving glances at them, their eyes silently asking, "How dare you be teenagers around my children?" They took their seats on a bench, eagerly awaiting the start of the show. Taiju's excitement surpassed that of any average person attending a magic show, and even many of the kids there. Yuzuriha was happy because Taiju was happy, and Senku was simply grateful for the opportunity to spend time with his best friends. The lights dimmed, and the curtains drew open, revealing none other than Asagiri Gen.

Senku couldn't believe his eyes. Gen was... breathtaking?

He had seen Gen before, but this was different. Maybe it was seeing him in person or the perfect lighting, but at that moment, Senku couldn't deny the sheer beauty before him. His heart raced, his face flushed. Was this what it felt like to be attracted to someone? It resembled the way Taiju described his feelings for Yuzuriha. But no! This couldn't be happening.

This was a man.

Senku had never experienced such emotions for anyone before.

That smirk on Gen's face was ridiculously adorable.

Wait.