Extra chapter 1, The philosophy of the dove

Freedom is perspective. To truly be free, one must know what it means to be imprisoned. A frame of reference etched into the very being of your soul to reaffirm that every action you make is yours. That you are free. Freedom is perspective.
 As I lay nestled in a strange mans sleeve waiting for my own freedom I cant help but think 'is this all there is to life?' is my purpose to aid a foolish mentalist in his quest for love? is this all I am? was I born into this world of pain and hate just to be released as a magic trick, never to be seen again?

A quote I often think about is one from the novel, "Moby Dick", by Herman Melville. It is one about free will, and our destiny.
"Though I cannot tell why it was exactly that those stage managers, the Fates, put me down for this shabby part of a whaling voyage, when others were set down for magnificent parts in high tragedies, and short and easy parts in genteel comedies, and jolly parts in faces—though I cannot tell why this was exactly; yet, now that I recall all the circumstances, I think I can see a little into the springs and motives which being cunningly presented to me under various disguises, induced me to set about performing the part I did, besides cajoling me into the delusion that it was a choice resulting from my own unbiased freewill and discriminating judgment."

Why am I but a lowly dove? what had I dont in a past life to deserve this fate. could I really have been so bad of a person to be reincarnated as a vile beast? I must have been someone vile to deserve this punishment of a life.

I wait in the sleeve. they are talking about a new trick. is my sentence almost over? Am I soon to be released? I've been in here so long I have forgotten what life is like on the outside world. have been here for a whole two hours now. 
His sleeve suddenly jerks upward. I hear him.. gagging? my body is slowly maneuvered upward, from his forearm to his hand. he cups me delicately in his soft hands and brings me up to his mouth. 

his hands open. 

this is my moment. I fly away, trying to find an escape route from this restaurant. I see an open window. i fly through. I... am finally free. as I fly through the air i pay little attention to my surroundings. in my hysteria to escape, I flew right into a pole. 

darkness

I awake on the ground. My wing is badly hurt. I sit still in an attempt to ponder what I have truly just lost. I was finally free. but I guess... freedom is perspective.

this is a joke chapter about that dove from Gen's pocket! ngl its based off the episode "slice of life from My Little Pony". anyway! thank you to my brother for writing the first paragraph and coming up with the idea :) Love you Мстислав!