chapter 3 Senku

Those two weeks were some of the longest of Senku's life as he anxiously awaited the meet and greet. He felt a mix of excitement and terror. Senku hadn't really planned anything for this encounter, which was unusual for him. He had no idea how to approach it or what to say.

On the day of the meet and greet, Senku got ready, meticulously choosing his outfit. He opted for a stylish button-up shirt, a black jacket, jeans, and polished school shoes. It was a blend of casual and formal, although he wasn't entirely sure if it conveyed the right message. Senku also prepared a printed headshot of Gen for him to sign, carefully folding it and placing it in his coat pocket.

With a mix of anticipation and nervousness, Senku made his way to the theater where Gen was holding the meeting. As he approached, he noticed a line of excited children eagerly waiting to meet their favorite magician. Senku couldn't help but feel out of place, especially since he was alone this time.

Time seemed to crawl as he patiently waited in line. Each step forward heightened his anxiety. When it was finally his turn, a sudden wave of panic washed over him. Doubt crept in, and he considered leaving. However, before he could act on his impulse, he was called into the room. And there he was, Asagiri Gen, sitting before him.

Senku's face turned warm as his eyes met Gen's. He had been lost in his gaze for a moment when Gen playfully chimed in, "Are you gonna come over or just stand there?" His smile and teasing tone simultaneously caught Senku off guard and endeared him. "Ah, um, coming," Senku stammered, embarrassed by his own silence and lack of response.

After a brief introduction, they exchanged smiles, a silent understanding passing between them. Senku then remembered the headshot he had brought. He retrieved it from his pocket, unfolded it, and handed it to Gen. The magician made an audible "Oh!" sound and eagerly took the paper, signing it with a flourish. He then scribbled something on the back before returning it to Senku. As Senku was about to inspect the writing, Gen laughed and advised him to wait until he got home. Intrigued and slightly puzzled, Senku carefully folded the headshot and placed it back in his pocket. He smiled and half-waved at Gen as he left the building.

As Senku walked home, his mind was consumed with thoughts of what Gen had written on the back of the headshot. He strolled in silence, deep in thought, until he reached his apartment. Sitting down, he retrieved the headshot once more. With a mixture of curiosity and anticipation, he unfolded it, revealing Gen's neat and swirly signature. Holding his breath, Senku turned the paper over, and there, in bold ink, were the words:

"Call me sometime. Let's grab coffee and talk more."

Senku's eyes widened, and his heart raced. The realization hit him like a jolt of electricity. It was Gen's phone number! He couldn't contain his excitement as a wide grin spread across his face. "Wait, is that his phone number? No, wait... is that really his phone number?!"

Overwhelmed with a surge of happiness and nerves, Senku couldn't wait to seize this opportunity and see where it might lead. He carefully folded the headshot, treasuring it like a precious secret, and placed it back in his pocket. With newfound determination, he knew that dialing that number would be the next step in a journey that held endless possibilities.