Return Of The Devil - 15

DA note: No, I don't know about the cab fare there so tell me and I'll correct it.

Trigger warning: Gun, manipulation, threatening. Use of the word 'ab*se'.

Yeah, the song up there fits the mood when Alexander confronts with Magnus. Well at least to me.

~~~~~~~

After that call, it was time for Alexander to attend a meeting and then things flowed the way his schedule wanted.

Alexander couldn't get to answer Magnus the whole day.

Not at lunch, not even when Magnus brought him his coffees.

That damned phone of his kept ringing and he couldn't have each call either be missed or denied.

Finally as the day ended, did Alexander's fidgety self calmed down. He came out of his cabin and saw Magnus getting ready to leave.

Their eyes met as Alexander walked up to the desk,

"Magnus… I—"

And Alexander swore to God he would break this phone as he pressed shut his eyes.

Cause the damned device rang again.

Magnus let out a somewhere between a breath and a chuckle, Alexander took out the phone.

It was his mother. Alexander looked up, a done look on his face,

"It's my mom." Magnus smiled and said, "Don't keep her waiting, pick it up."

"But—"

"It's okay, Mr. Lightwood, I'm sure your answer will be worth the wait."

Alexander gazed at his features as Magnus stretched his smile just a little, "See you tomorrow, Mr. Lightwood."

And Alexander stood there, gazing at Magnus' retreating back.

The phone still ringing in his hand. The elevator doors opened and Magnus entered. He turned to him as he pressed the button.

Magnus gave him a final smile as the doors shut.

For some reason, Alexander didn't want Magnus to go alone.

*

The sun was hanging low in the sky as Magnus headed back to his apartment.

A content smile on his face.

He'd told Maia he'd believe this if this happened for a third time.

And it did.

He felt happy to say the least.

But it didn't last long. He was about to step inside the building of his apartment but stopped. He saw someone in the alley beside the said place.

Magnus blinked as he stepped back. He looked in the alley as someone stepped out of the dark, clad in Black coat over a Black dress which had a thin White belt at the waist.

Sunglasses hiding their features and they wore Black net gloves. A Black handbag hanging their right arm.

They came near him just enough so he could hear them. Taking off their shades, they said,

"We meet again, Magnus Bane."

Magnus breathed out, he knew who it was the moment he'd laid his eyes on them.