22. Who are you

It had been a rough night.

Both girls fell asleep fairly quickly as soon as Jennie wrapped her arms around Rosé, since she seemed a little distressed. The brunette tried to understand what was the cause of her girlfriend's perturbed face, but all she got was an 'just a stomach ache, don't worry'.

Rosé could ask Jennie what happened with Jisoo since the girl wanted to tell her, but for some reason she didn't have the courage to find out what happened between the two of them. As it was previously demonstrated, the younger teenager still had a lot of insecurities and she thought Jisoo was a lot prettier than her.

So maybe Jennie and Jisoo did something together when the older one was supposed to give her a university tour?

Or maybe it had nothing to do with cheating (because Chaeyoung knew how faithful both girls were to their respective lovers). Maybe she just wanted to tell Rosé how amazing Jennie was or maybe she had some concerns about Jennie or their relationship.

So, as you can see, Rosé dozed off with a million of questions mind boggling her over a simple message.

However, as soon as the blonde found her peaceful moment, Jennie started her personal nightmare.

She was very proud of herself. After 3 years of having something in her that she couldn't control, she was finally starting to handle it properly. Of course that she had a lot to work on, but not hurting anyone was a start. The brunette practiced everyday and, not only was she improving and controlling her powers, but also discovering little things that left her amazed. For example, instead of aiming her whole hand to an object to make it float to her, she could be much more discrete and simply use a finger without even pointing.

However, with these new improvements, there was also memories, bad thoughts, nightmares. And unfortunately, her sweet Rosie had to witness one of them.

They were heavenly sleeping until a nightmare made itself present on Jennie's mind. She never forgave herself for killing that awful old man who tried to hurt her girlfriend on that street. Of course she would do it all over again if it meant saving the one she loves (even if none of them admitted that they love each other), but knowing that someone lost their son (no matter how bad he was) because of her powers? Because of something she couldn't control?

There wasn't a day where Jennie didn't think about the man whose life she took. Everyday the brunette would pass the same street it happened and stare at the now painted in white sidewalk. The brunette would sit down in a bench, look at the spot, imagine his lifeless body, his last words, his last cries for help, open her phone and read the old article about his tragic death due to a "storm" and leave.

Jennie didn't always dream about it. She also had good dreams, dreams where she and Rosé lived a happy life or where she didn't have her powers. There was also another kind of nightmares, the ones where she finally tells the truth about the origin of her powers to Rosé and the blonde leaves her, or where the ones who hurt her come back. But when she dreamed about him, it was different. He didn't take his true form, the one where he was trying to drag Rosé to his house and hurt her. No, in her dream, he was having dinner with his family of four when Jennie abruptly entered his house and murdered him in front of his family. The look on his wife and his children's face was something that bothered her the most when she woke up.

Thankfully she never had those in front of Rosé. Until today.

- Jennie? - Rosé shook her girlfriend softly when she started to crazily shake while mumbling incomprehensible things on her sleep

The brunette moved her arms uncontrollably as things started moving randomly in Chaeyoung's room:

- No! I'm sorry! - the tiny yet powerful older girl screamed and Rosé looked hopeless around the room, trying very hard to not get hit by a flying object