The Almost-Death of Kyoya Ootori

A/N: I have been binging the Sweet Boys podcast and I can't stop.

Please send help.

A sunset blanketed the skies of Japan as you and Haruhi continued on your way to her place. Her neighborhood was lively, with people getting home from work and kids playing with each-other in the road, moving to the sidewalks whenever a car approached. It was nice walking to her home, especially when it was a nice day outside.

The only problem was that you were nervous.

You were alone with your crush since middle school, thinking of what Kyoya had said and how you lacked the confidence to follow through with it. It didn't help that Haruhi, as much as you enjoyed having her in your life, had never shown signs she reciprocated your affection. Not to mention, she was dense with romantic affairs, and would much rather indulge herself in an excellent book than go out on dates. Hell, you hadn't come out to her as part of the LGBTQ+ community yet, and while she stated her support for it when it was brought up, the anxiety was holding you back. She could be straight, and you would lose a friendship because of it.

"Y/n." Haruhi called out to you, making you snap out of your thoughts and look into her concerned gaze. "Are you okay?" 

"Oh, yeah." you replied, giving a small smile and feeling your face heat. "I'm just tired from walking." 

She sighed. "You need to tell me these things, Y/n. I care about you, you know." 

You smiled and gently ruffled her hair. "Aw, how adorable!" 

"Shut up." 

You laughed and entered the familiar home, where her father sat on the couch in drag, looking fabulous as per usual. He looked at you and shot up from the couch, an excited expression lining his features. 

"How are you doing, Y/n?" he asked, smiling and grabbing your hands as tight as humanly possible. "You've gotten so tall since I've seen you!" 

"Dad, she was here a few days ago, studying with me." Haruhi said, grabbing the edge of your sleeve and dragging you off to her bedroom. 

"Is there anything you girls need?" he asked, grabbing his bag.

"No, thank you!" you and Haruhi said, to which he smiled and soon left for work or something. 

You and Haruhi set your bags down somewhere and collapsed onto the bed simultaneously, staring at the ceiling with exhausted eyes. The day had been exhausting. You had to deal with several death glares when you spoke to the club members, along with a flood of homework due for the next few days. 

"Is there anything you need?" Haruhi asked out of the blue, adjusting herself off the bed to lean her cheek against her palm. You glanced at her, your grogginess making more of your brain-cells shrivel up into raisins. 

"Food sounds pretty great." you replied, a small laugh leaving your lips.

Haruhi smiled and got up from the bed, throwing a light blanket on top of you. "I'll make you something, then."

"No," you retorted sitting up with the blanket not sitting in your lap. You quickly got into your bag, where you pulled out your wallet and soon located your debit card. "It's on me."

"Y/n, remember what I told you about spending your money on me?" she asked, shrugging off the jacket of her uniform and hanging it back up in the closet. 

You waved your hand, dismissing her claim. "Yeah, well, I'm paying."

"No, let me." she insisted.

"Yes, let me pay."

"No, let me pay."

You laughed and walked to Haruhi near the door of her bedroom, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "C'mon, let's go on an adventure to the living room!" 

She sighed. "You're such an idiot."

"Let's go find treasure, my dear companion!" 

There you both sat in the kitchen, enjoying your sushi. It had been a few hours since you had arrived at Haruhi's home, and you still didn't want to leave. You enjoyed hanging around her, learning more and more about her day and the dunces she encountered.

"Y'know, Kyoya said something to me earlier." Haruhi said, making your blood turn cold.

Welp, your time had come. It was time to plan your funeral, where your deceased body would be wrapping in the brightest pride flag you could find.

"Oh, um, well..." you trailed off, playing with your fingers. Your attempts to distract yourself proved to be futile, and the thought of Haruhi finding out and ending your friendship.

Haruhi raised a brow and looked at you with concern, taking a few steps towards you and gently pressing the back of her hand to your forehead. You felt your face heat to an unhealthy degree which, of course, did not help in any capacity.

"You're warm." she said, both concern and bluntness escaping her tone.

"I mean, I am pretty hot." you joked.

She quickly hit the back of your head and grabbed your cellphone, typing in the passcode easily and scrolling through your contacts. You laughed and gently stared at her as she did so. But since anxiety likes to kick you in the stomach, you were dying to ask her what Kyoya told her.

"Anyway," she continued, typing a quick message to who you could only assume was your father. "If you're curious, Kyoya said that someone liked me or something like that." 

A low chuckle escaped your throat as you imagined Kyoya's violent death. "Did he say who?" 

She shook her head and set your phone back onto the table, taking a seat next to you. "Someone should be here to pick you up soon." You internally heaved a sigh of relief at the news. You did NOT need a murder conviction on your hands.

"I've been tricked, backstabbed, and possibly, bamboozled." you said, giving Haruhi a goofy glare. "By my best friend, no less."

She laughed. "You spend too much time with Tamaki."