Six : The Owl Vs The Crow

POV CHANGE : Y/N

"Permission to a 1 v 1 setter match!" I shout, looking directly at him. His eyes sparkle with enthusiasm and determination.

"Setters must do anything possible to keep their opponent from receiving the ball!" He responds back, looking at me and smirking.

I step closer, staring intently into his eyes, "setters can dig, set, push and even spike."

"Deal!" He stares for a second and holds out his hand to shake mine. We shake and stare for what feels like a long time.

IT'S ON!

~~~~~

Konoha and Sarukui take down the net and set it aside. The court is now fully open and ready for business.

I feel a strong sense of who I am, stepping on the court. Doesn't matter which court.

I will still forever be a Crow. I stand with my Karasuno Volleyball Jacket in my hands.

I look beyond the lights and across the gym, to where he stands.

He has the ball in his hands. He spins it on the center of his palm.

I feel the lights creasing in to the both of us, a calming aura at best.

I feel like this is the scene in a sports movie, where they would cue the optimistic soundtrack, and play some flashback or make the scene very emotional and important.

This is exactly what it feels like.

"Here, keep it safe ok!" I toss my jacket over to Kaori and Yukie. They just arrived for the actions rn can't wait to see it go down. 

"You got this! We'll be cheering Y/n-Chan!!" Kaori screams.

Yukie flashes two thumbs up and smiles.

"Let this begin, the match between the Crow setter, and the Owl setter."

Boy vs Girl

Owl vs Crow

Setter vs Libero turned Setter.

I still have yet to tell them why.

~~~~~

I set the ball in a direction far from him. I made sure to use all force and push it past him.

He runs and snaps out his arm, barely retrieving it and launching it right back to me.

Akaashi and I have been setting back and forth for over 5 minutes, with the occasional underhand pass. I've spiked it down over 7 times, and he still finds a way around it.

My sets have been all over. Far and near, left and right. I'm sure I thought I would get him.

But I have yet to use my back arch set. The one I used on Bokuto during the 3 on 3.

He goes for the down ball. He's aiming for the open shot two feet behind me.

"Try and get this!" He says as he slams it down...