Chapter 4 - Selby

As the four of them started walking across the bridge leading to Madripoor, Maggie could slowly feel a hand creeping onto her back. The gesture did create a few butterflies in her chest, but she wasn't about to let any of the others know that, still keeping up the tough soldier act.

Maggie quickly moved out of Zemo's grasp and made her way over to Bucky. She could see out of the corner of her eye that Zemo wasn't happy with her moving away, even though he tried to hide his annoyed expression as well as he could.

Not being close to a woman for a long while took a toll on him, so when she showed up at his cell to break him out of prison, he could only think of roaming his hands all over her gorgeous frame.

He was knocked out of his thoughts when he realized they arrived at the entrance of Madripoor. Leading the four of them through the somewhat crowded streets, they arrived at the bar they would be meeting Selby in. It wasn't the biggest or most famous spot in town, but everyone knew not to mess with anyone there. Most people inside definitely knew how to throw a good punch, and nothing would stop them from doing so.

Zemo headed straight for the bar, and the rest of the group followed, assuming that the bartender would lead them to Selby.

"Hello, Gentlemen, wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger," The bartender greeted the three men while Maggie stood behind Zemo, holding a straight face.

"His plans changed. We have a business to do with Selby," Zemo answered for him, not wanting Sam to say anything stupid. The bartender didn't answer Zemo and moved to face Sam instead. "The usual?", Sam nodded not wanting to expose himself, but once the drink arrived in front of him, he had a hard time keeping a straight face.

You couldn't say the drink looked tasty, and from the expression on Sam's face when he drank it, everyone could tell he wasn't ever going to try that again.

Maggie could feel a presence behind her and turned around only to be face to face with a tall man, face covered in tattoos. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked up, not showing fear. "Can I help you?" She asked, not feeling intimidated at all by the man.

"Your little gang ain't welcome here."

Zemo turned around and sighed quietly to himself. "I have no business with the Power Broker, but if he insists, he can either come talk to me," he motioned to Bucky, showing he wasn't afraid of the so-called 'power broker.'

"Or bring Selby for a chat," Zemo finished off. The tall man looked at Bucky again, still standing straight but quietly walked off. He knew he wouldn't be able to fight The winter soldier and probably didn't want to risk his life. Smart.

Maggie walked over to the table, sitting on one of the bar stools, ordering a drink. She could hear Zemo was talking about the power broker but didn't mind too much. She hoped if the three men went to see Selby, they would leave her at the bar and come pick her up afterward.

Maggie first looked back when she heard Zemo speak up in Russian. She assumed somebody was dumb enough to pick up a fight, and since Zemo didn't want to do all the dirty work, he made Bucky do it.

The fight kept going, but Maggie didn't mind and just sipped her drink. She was used to people screaming and fighting everywhere around her, so it wasn't hard to ignore. She peeked up to look at the bartender, seeing he was dialing a number on his phone and assumed it was Selby. Not long after, the fighting died down, and Maggie's suspicions were confirmed. Selby was ready to talk.

***

As they started walking towards the office, much to her displeasure, Zemo wanted Maggie to join them while they spoke to Selby. Zemo knew she was good at getting information, having done it most of her life.