Chapter Six

Chapter 7

3 days later it was time for their next training session, it was supposed to be the day previous however when an emergency 4 alarm fire came up Maya had been forced to cancel, much to her own disappointment to go and assist. So they had pushed it back today which had led to Maya sitting in her office tapping her fingers on her desk as she filled out incident reports from yesterday.

The door suddenly opened causing Maya to look up and see Andy leaning against the door with a smirk on her face.

"So, Carina is coming over?" She teased.

"Close the door!" Maya half shouted half whispered.

Andy closed the door and collapsed into the chair opposite Maya putting her feet up on the desk, then immediately taking them off as Maya have her a pointed look.

"She is coming over to train," Maya said.

"Uh huh," Andy said, not convinced. "Come on Maya, you have never ever had a client come by the station to train. You have a membership with the gym 3 blocks away and they always let you bring people with you after we put out that fire a year ago. So, care to explain?"

"I...I don't know. I don't know what is going on. When I talk to her it feels different. I feel something strange when I see her. This has never happened before, with anyone, and I don't know what to make of it all," Maya confessed with a sigh.

Andy smiled, "Well that 'strange feeling' in your stomach is known as butterflies. A tingly feeling you get when you see a person that makes everything better, that is normally a good sign. When I first met Robert I got butterflies and look where we are now."

"You're married - and I've known her for 2 weeks! This is moving way too fast."

"Sometimes fast isn't a bad thing. If she makes you happy Maya then you can't let that type of thing get away. Yes, you may have only known her for 2 weeks but what the hell does that matter, no one is saying you have to get down on one knee but I can tell you now that she has changed you already. It took you years for you to talk to me about your Dad. You would shut yourself away and 'embrace the pain' but with Carina it seems, to me at least, you feel safe. Am I on the right lines here?" Andy asked.

"Very accurate actually. So what do I do?" Maya questioned.

"Well that is for you to figure out. If you want to ask her out for a drink, ask her. I mean you've already done coffee so its not far from that."

"How do I know if she even likes girls - or even likes me. A few days ago, she hated me. I doubt she would be willing to go out again with me," Maya said.

"When she gets here I'll ask Hughes to talk to her - that girl's gaydar is scarily accurate. Trust me after a minute - you will have your answer and while you can be undeniably annoying, demanding, sometimes rude - actually to most people you can be rude-"

"Hey - is there is a point to this apparent onslaught of insults?" Maya asked.

"You aren't too bad," Andy continued. "When you care about someone, you care fully and you put in the time and effort to build on your relationships. And I know all about those small gestures you seem to participate in: chocolate, flowers, the works. Oh, and let's not forget you have an amazing body," Andy said with a teasing wink.

"How do you know that?" Maya asked skeptically.

"When you get drunk you tend to talk, a lot," Andy revealed with a laugh.

"Oh god..."Maya said, sighing into her hands.

"Yeah, I'd be having the same reaction if I were you - lots of interesting tales you have Cap! I mean some really surprising ones as well-"