two

Sirius Black was spotted in Dufftown. I don't know what he wants. But I don't think it's to kill Harry. Harry never did anything to Sirius. Even with all that's happened I don't think Sirius would hurt Harry. That's not the guy I knew.

I knock on the door to Remus' office.

"Come in," Remus tells me.

I smile as I open the door. "Hello."

Remus smiles slightly. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

I chuckle lightly. "Came to see if your office is nicer than mine." Remus shakes his head. "It's not by the way." I smile widely. "And I heard you had a boggart in your closet."

"Did you want to face it for yourself?" Remus questions.

I shake my head. "I already know what my boggart is." Remus raises an eyebrow. "Losing Maddie. If anything, ever happened to her I don't think I would ever be able to move on. It was hard enough when I lost Rowan." I force a smile. "Is yours still a full moon?" Remus nods. "Did you get a chance to see Madeline's boggart?"

Remus shakes his head. "She was next in line after Harry but after his boggart turned out to be a dementor I ended class a little early."

I nod my head. "Should have made him go last."

"Would have been a smart idea," Remus admits.

"You're keeping an eye on him?" I ask. Remus nods. "Good. Lily and James would appreciate it."

Today was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. Not having my own need to go into Hogsmeade I keep myself busy. I had a few papers to grade. I may have fallen asleep while grading the last few. I had rounds last night and didn't sleep well after. When I wake up, I realise I'm already late for dinner.

I walk down the corridor towards the Great Hall. I stop dead in my tracks when I spot a large black dog in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady at the entrance of the Gryffindor dormitory. Suddenly the dog turns into a human. Not just any human. It's Sirius Black. He shouts at the Fat Lady to open the door, but she won't. In anger his hand turns into a paw, and he slashes the painting. He turns and notices me. His face softens.

"Annalise."

I shake my head slightly. "Go before dinner is over and this hallway is filled with Gryffindor students."

Sirius looks at me for a moment before turning back into the large black dog and heading off down the hallway. I start back up the corridor a little. I don't need anyone knowing I let Sirius Black get away. I know Remus and I will already be the primary suspects for Sirius even getting into the castle. When I hear the chatter of students, I start back towards the Gryffindor dormitory. I see Dumbledore surrounded by students.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall," Dumbledore orders.

"What's happened?" I ask Dumbledore.

"Sirius Black was here," Dumbledore tells me.

"Inside the castle?" I ask.

Dumbledore nods. "I need you to help me round up the students and bring them to the Great Hall."

I nod my head. "Of course."

Maddie and her friends come rushing my way. "Mum! Was he really here?" Maddie asks.

"Was Sirius Black really in Hogwarts?" Ron asks.

I wrap my arm around Maddie. "I know as much as you know."

"Come on," Maddie remarks. "You want us to believe that?"

"You're a professor," Hermione states.