nine

It's finally time for the tournament to start. Everyone is sitting around the stands of the arena buzzing with excitement. I'm sitting with Ginny. Hermione walks towards us. She snuck off to see Harry I'm sure of it.

"How is he?" I question.

"I think I'm more nervous than him," Hermione states.

Fred sits down next to me. "Anyone wanna make a bet?"

I roll my eyes. The two of them will make a bet on anything. Between that and all the Weasley joke products they sell the two could make a decent amount of money if they wanted to.

The cannon signaling the start of the event goes off. We watch as one by one the champions come out into the arena and face off against a dragon protecting a golden egg. Cedric is the first to enter the arena. Once he's completed the task Viktor takes his turn. Fleur follows after leaving Harry for last.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant," Dumbledore announces.

Harry looks a little uncertain as he enters the rocky arena. The crowd is cheering his name, nonetheless. Harry sees the golden egg sitting alone, not a dragon insight. That is until he makes a run for it. The dragon appears and forces Harry to retreat back behind a rock as the dragon almost hits him with a burst of fire. Harry stumbles and falls around the arena never really getting his footing.

"Your wand Harry! Your wand!" Hermione shouts at him.

Harry listens to Hermione and uses his wand to summon his broom. He jumps on and flies off with the dragon chasing after him. Harry reaches his arm out and just barely misses the golden egg. The dragon gives chase. Harry just barely misses the golden egg. The dragon breaks free of the chain around its neck and follows Harry over the crowd narrowly missing everyone below.

The dragon chases Harry as he flies around the school buildings. Harry flies out of sight and I can't help but feel anxious and nervous. It was one thing trying to outsmart a chained-up dragon but one that's flying around the school is another. As Harry flies back towards the arena the crowd erupts into cheers. He goes straight for the golden egg and grabs it. I clap my hands and cheer for him, proud of him.

I walk into the Great Hall for breakfast. I spot Harry and Ron sitting next to one another at the Gryffindor table. I smile as I walk towards them.

"It is rather nice to see you two are back to being friends," I state.

"Truly it was tiring running between you two," Maddie says.

Hermione reads from the newspaper, "Look at this! I can't believe it, she's done it again. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow."

"Rita Skeeter has no conscience. She says whatever she feels like with no regards to anyone's feelings," I state. "I wouldn't put much stock in her latest claims."

Nigel, a first year Gryffindor, walks over to Ron and hands him a box. "Parcel for you Mr. Weasley."

"Thank you, Nigel," Ron tells him. Nigel stares at Harry. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." Nigel reluctantly walks away. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph. Oh, look mum's sent me something." Ron pulls out what looks like rather old dress robes from the box. "Mum sent me a dress?"

"Well, it does match your eyes," Harry teases.

"Does it come with a bonnet?" Maddie teases.

"Ginny, these must be for you," Ron insists.