Chapter 6 : Visor strikes back

So as I said, We had to create a whole full scale exoskeleton. The primary objective on paper was to help the disabled and handicapped.

But the actual objective of this thing was to make a simulation of Artificial Intelligence for brain-dead people. So that, it doesn't affect general behaviour & actions.

I did find "Aksh" a weird name for a multi utility manufacturer company though.

"Looks good", we both said.

"It's a deal then?", she asked.
"Yup", We said as we shook hands.

"I still think I've seen you somewhere. I know you..", I muttered.

She prepared to leave. Jayesh opened the door for her. You know, he is a ladies man. Actually, he lands into trouble all the time because of this and, as usual I've to settle things. up.

I said, she didn't reply. A gentle cold breeze swayed her hair. I noticed that there was a green tatoo on her back of neck.

"Neha !?", I exclaimed.

She turned back, her eyes had widened. She shut the door quickly and was out of sight in a few seconds. "Can any body tell... ", Jayesh proceeded, but I quicked towards the door.

I slammed it open & looked around the corridor. I ran towards the elevator. But it was already going downstairs.

I took the stairs, looked around everywhere as I ran to the main gate. Neha was crossing the road. I ran into someone on my way and stumbled upon a rock.

I managed to stand up quickly as I scanned my surroundings. Where was she ?

I looked around the road. I lost her track. "Nehhaaa!!!", I screamed.

[/Flashback]

"Nehhaaa !!!", I screamed as I woke up. All my mates were staring at me. "Hasn't been one week yet, and he's already having nightmares", Dave remarked.

"Just some nostalgia", I replied.
"It's about a girl, isn't it?", Dave asked.

"Neha. Ahhh!! Yes !! Neha don't stop. I'm c...", That Mr. 028 acted. The others of his group laughed.

"Just knock it off, 028", Dave yelled.

"Don't you know who I am ?", 028 protested.
"Yeah you are some guy called Visor who got his butt kicked by some lightning girl", Dave said. "You claim yourself to be THE DEVIL. You don't even know what it means.."

"Pffff", he hummed and stopped. Dave was really the boss here. But then..

"Attention, all subjects line up", someone ordered through the speakers. All the men around me lined up in a straight line infront of some officer. Seeing all of them and me side to side, I realised I was nothing compared to them.

"You, 001 come with us", he ordered. The bars were opened once again. Dave glanced back to me. "Take care, kid" he whispered & proceeded forward.

I decided to take my chances and run off. The bars were opened. There wasn't any guard in sight. Just one officer and we were in clear majority.

My freedom.. Our freedom was right before us. We could all escape. But why wasn't anyone even trying ?

That's when I saw 4 archers in the ceiling gaps, straight with their arrows pointed towards our cell.

Okay. That was the reason. Indeed.

Within moments, the bars were closed again. Dave was being taken to the left cell. They'd put a metallic band around his neck. But Dave seemed dull. As if he already knew why they were taking him there.

I returned to the place where I was sitting earlier. Where did they take him? Why were they calling us  -Subjects ? I soon realized that my place was already occupied by 028 and his stupid followers.

"Oh, Neha, No, Please. Ahh", 028 started it again.

"What's your problem, ha?", I yelled. He didn't even notice , he ignored me, and continued it all again. "Shut up", I roared & punched 028 in the face.

"How dare you hit me?!", 028 shouted as he pushed me. "No one messes with Vizor!", He said as he gave me a deadly stare. "Do you even know who am I ? Have you heard of.. what do they call her.. yes... Viz ?

"No. I haven't. But I know for sure that she beat you so hard that you landed here straightaway", I said as I moved back a little.

"There's a reason I say I'm the Devil. This is my place. This is my Hell.

Now in this hell, you'll feel the same amount of pain that I gave to Viz. The same amount of pain enough to dehumanise a human", he hissed.