Chapter 15 : May I come in ?

**After a couple of years**

"Ok. One more time", I prepared myself as I stood before Fimag Corporation's main production unit.

I sneaked in carefully. I knocked down 3-4 guards on the way. But suddenly, I heard a loud siren - a warning bell. Red lights flashed off the scene.

I ducked and hid near the bunker. I took my bow out. "You all are gonna regret that!", I said as I hurled each one of the guards with my array of arrows.

All clear. I quicktoed to the my target area. I knew there was a secret basement under the production unit. My suit identified the entry point and I quicked towards it.

Just some random combination of turns to the knob and it was open. I descended to the basement using my rope. I put the lights on.

Drugs, chemicals and a big safe. All you can expect from the corrupt CEO of Fimag Corp. I knew these drugs and chemicals were Zilava - a new generation drug they use. How could I forget it ? I was their first subject to try this on, after all.

I opened the big safe with ease. Now that I'd already opened up 14 safes like this due to my new work. I took a stack of cash from it and kept it in my pocket.

Whereas I stuffed my bag to its full capacity with the cash. The remaining I just threw along the floor, over the drugs, all over the lab. It was black money. I didn't care.

Just a spark, and within seconds, the whole basement was on fire. I climbed up to the roof and jumped to the nearby building to enjoy the scene.

Some people had gathered around, seeing the smoke. They were shocked to see the guards dead. Somehow, that fire gave me peace. That fire has been within me, Since the day I was thrown into that cell.

The Hell.

And that hell.. "Core-Z Labs" was funded by these people with their black money. All 15 of them were down now except the last one.

He occupies a special position altogether. Jayesh, the person I hate the most. I didn't kill him at first. Because, I wanted him to experience the fear of death which I'd been going through these years.

And now, I think the end's near.
Jayesh..

"So, you won't change afterall ?", An unknown voice suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey...

Ok, it's you...", I said as I saw the teenager with a freak suit - not at all as cool as mine. "What do you want kid? I already thanked you for your help, ok ?"

"Why do you kill people ? The guards - why the fuck do you think, they had anything to do with all of this ?", he said, rather aggressively.

"I call it Collateral damage. I don't care. And after what they did to me.."

"Why the heck, do you always brag about your captivity ? Why don't you just leave it behind ? I know about it. There's no big deal."

"That man just shut me off from this whole world." I was frustated now, "He declares me dead, tells me to do some experiment for years, gets my Akshit, my family, my friends, My Neha.. and you say there's it's no big deal?!"

"I've lost people as the Phoenix Fighter too, Ok? And am I not the one because of whom you are even alive and breathing ?", He said.

"Ok... you know what ?..
Why, don't you just keep yourself busy with your own stuff ? What do you teenagers do ? Yes, find a girlfriend, roam around the city, drink beer.

Do whatever you want. Just stop messing with me", I said preparing to leave.

"I knew people close to me were destined to die. So, I made a decision. I made a choice. We all have to make it, at some point of our life or the other..

Whether to move ahead of the past for a better future or keep indulging in the past and wreck the welcoming future..." I heard his last words as I glided across another building.

The kid's nice actually.
He calls himself the Phoenix Fighter. He is kinda 17-18 years based on how he looks.

But he seems definitely more mature.
I guess that's something you get automatically, if you wield the whole of infinity in your hands.