Day 2

Haruki's POV

I stepped out of the vehicle, taking in the fresh air of the People's City. This was so much different from Baguio, the chill in the air was nowhere to be found, nothing but heat and humidity. So hot, in fact, that I was starting to regret my decision. I glanced around, hoping to see a familiar face, him. Don't get me wrong, I would've still gone without Luan, but an exciting, spontaneous trip would be better experienced with someone else.

Then I saw him.

A jet black shirt that matched his wavy, slicked-back hair which framed his face perfectly, exactly what I thought he'd look like. He always looked good in black. I could see his deep brown eyes that lightened in the sun through his dark-rimmed glasses. I really can't deny, he's a good looking guy.

"Welcome to La Union. How was the trip?" His voice. I've only ever heard it in calls and voice messages, not like this. Something about it was just so-

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I could see Jed's worried face on the screen. No wonder he was video chatting with me.

"Sorry Luan let's answer Jed, I totally forgot to text him on the ride here." I smiled sheepishly. I was so focused on not getting lost, updating Jed completely left my mind.

"Hey Bitch, where are you?" Jed squinted at the screen. He wasn't wearing his glasses again.

 "Ah, you're already with Luan? You guys enjoy, eat all the seafood you can for me." He smiled.

 "Oh, and Luan? Take care of my friend okay?"

"I got her, buddy. Don't worry." Luan really has a way of sounding reassuring. It always comes so naturally to him.

"I miss you already, Jed! Love you!" It hasn't been a day but I guess I'm just clingy like that.

"Eww Haru, but okay love you too and take care! Use protec-" I shut off the call before my best friend, whom I will bludgeon with his transes when I get home, finishes his sentence.

Luan chuckled. Damn, his voice is music to my ears. Haru, you came here to unwind, not whatever it is you're thinking of. Focus on your goal.
"So, Mr. La Union, where are we off to first?" I adjusted my backpack. Should I've brought less?
"Your call. But let me help you decide."
He then proceeded to show me all the sights at the plaza like the Old Cafe Esperanza of San Fernando, a classic spanish house that was converted into a coffee shop. It looked so elegant and classy, much like him. Until I saw one of my favorite milk tea shops, Summer Moon Cafe.

"Hey, let's go over there! I could use a drink, it's too hot here." I skipped excitedly. I'm in La Union! Might as well grab my go-to drink while I'm here.

"Sure." He said plainly. I rolled my eyes. Damn dude, a little bit of excitement wouldn't hurt.
"Psh. You're no fun." I said as we entered the shop.

---------------
Luan's POV

"You good?" I said coldly. I was trying to hide the tension in my voice so she wouldn't notice. What is it with this girl that's got me all flustered? Damn it Luan, you are a ladies' man. You should be used to this shit.

I felt her arm on my shoulder. Fuck, even her touch makes me lose my train of thought.

"Yep! Let's go! Where are we going next?" I don't even need to look at her to know she's smiling. Her voice is just so full of cheer and happiness, I can't help but smile with her.

"San Juan. We have to ride a jeep to get there, shall we?" Pull yourself together, Luan.

"Okay, lead the way then!" There's that smile again. This girl, I can't help but shake my head at her antics. This is going to be a fun day I can tell.