Chapter 19 : For you.

Hoseok's red bag.

Chapter 19 : For you.

Anna

The next day, when I wake up, Hoseok sends me a new text :

-Hello Anna ! I see that my little surprise is already on the web. It was an amazing experience, but now, I can't wait to go home. How are you ? I hope to see you soon. Je t'aime.

Jealousy didn't left me. I can't clear my mind, despite his loving words.

-Hi. Yes, you seemed to be having a good time indeed. I'm happy for you and Becky G. How is she doing ? Have a safe trip back.

I am not nice, I know it, I blame myself but I can't help. This is exactly what I was afraid of, why I told him no. Temptation is everywhere. This kind of collaboration reveals great affinities between artists. A connection that can ends to a serious relationship. We already saw how very close to Halsey the group was. I am not pretty enough, I don't have any talent, that's the truth.

Hoseok responds to me with a sad emoji that sheds a tear. I throw my cell phone on the sheets and go to take a shower, hoping it will chase my anger and shame away.

When I walk into the kitchen, I meet my two lovebirds, Lila and Tae. The taste buds are back. I had no idea he had spent the night at home, but, of course, after two weeks of separation, they couldn't wait to see each other again.

-Anna, look ! Lila creams, with rosy cheeks.

She turns her head to show me her ears. She wears very pretty earrings, adorned with a discreet pale pink stone. I lean over her and smile, winking at her Prince Charming, Tae.

-Well done Tae. You are the best. They are wonderful.

-Aren't they ??? Lila adds, on cloud nine.

-They are less beautiful than you, he says by pulling her to him to kiss her on the hair.

Ok, I get it, they are here to torture me. This is my punishment for being rude to Hoseok.

I turn to hide my confusion and make myself some tea.

-Anna, we could have a party, for your birthday ! What do you think of that ? Once again, this unbearable enthusiasm of happy people.

I don't answer. But, she is my friend. I don't want to hurt her.

-I do not know. I will probably have to work.

-What are you talking about ?? It's next Monday ! How long have you been working on Mondays ?

Ouch, I'm stuck. What could I invent ? She doesn't give any time.

-Come on Anna, you have to change your mind ! You spend your time working. Enjoy your life !! Have fun !

Maybe I could rip her tongue out, strangle her and hide her body somewhere ? I remain silent to ruminate.

-We could go to the seaside all together, with the minibus ! Hoseok will be back soon ! Tae resumes with his boxy smile.

I'm trying to calm myself down because, yeah, obviously they're trying to make me happy, aren't they ? What a pity !

-I don't think Hoseok cares about my birthday Tae. I don't think he even knows what day it is. He has other things to think of.

I can't help to say it.

-What do you mean ? Are you still mad at Becky G ? Lila sighs.