Retinentia part 2

The morning while Hayley and Elijah were stuck in the Bayou, Rebekah and Klaus were sitting across from each other at the table, which is full of fruit and pastries. One to the servers, a young woman, stood by Klaus' chair as he bit into her wrist and fed from her.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked Rebekah as he let go of the server's wrist.

"No, should I have?" Rebekah asked, sounding uninterested.

"He's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say." Klaus hummed. "I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you." Rebekah said.

"Have you heard from Elijah?" Klaus spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "I left him and Hayley in the Bayou yesterday and I thought they were just looking for clues about Hayley's family but..."

"What? Don't tell me your actually getting worried." Rebekah scoffed.

"Elijah is my brother and Hayley is... special." Klaus said as he looked at Rebekah. "Now, have you heard from Elijah?"

"No, maybe he and Hayley ran away to raise your daughter away from you." Rebekah sneered and walked out of the room.

Klaus sat in his chair, feeling pain in his chest at the mere thought of Hayley and Elijah running away to raise his daughter away from him. He knew, of course, that Hayley would never do that and he was sure Elijah wouldn't either, but it still hurt.

He knew that he and Elijah both had feelings for Hayley and that they had decided to talk about it when the whole thing with Hayley being kidnapped had been solved, but neither Elijah or Hayley had returned and they hadn't called, so here Klaus was, worrying about his brother and the woman they both loved.

Klaus decided to try his best not to worry and to get things done as a distraction, staring with his memoirs. He quickly called Cami and told her to get to the mansion and then he set up the office so that she could write his memoires as he talked.

Two hours later Cami was sitting at the desk, writing on a type writer as Klaus walked around the room as he talked.

"My sister seems to have forsaken me and I do not know why. She is as deceitful in disease just as my parents ever were." Klaus said. "Elijah is helping Hayley, the woman who is carrying my child and whom we both have feelings for, search for answers about her family while I try not to worry for their safety."

"Would a laptop kill you?" Cami asked in tiredness and frustration.

"That typewriter was good enough for Hemingway." Klaus informed her.

"I see the resemblance." Cami glared at him. "Booze and random acts of violence."

"The acts aren't random. Anyway, Rebekah have cut to the quick with her vicious lies about me. And all I've done is tried to win this battle of wills over Marcel's control of the Quarter and reclaim our home." Klaus looked at her and seeing that she had stope working, sighed. "Type, please!"

"What's the point?" Cami asked. "You repeat the same thing over and over again. Rebekah's out to get you. Marcel is planning something. Is there anyone who isn't plotting your downfall? I doubt you trust your own reflection."

"I trust Hayley." Klaus murmured to quietly for Cami to hear, louder he said. "If the daggers weren't missing, I would put one in Rebekah, rid myself of the burden of her judgmental eyes for a few centuries."

"Look at you! Repeating the same destructive cycle over and over again." Cami threw her hands up in frustration. "You are the architect of your own unhappiness."