38: i do

a/n: please read the author's note at the end <3

this chapter is dedicated to lillyrosedepp123 & lillyrosedeep123r4 for being such a loyal readers. hope you love it ❤️

"I can't believe my best friend is getting married!" Heather shrieked. She curled the last piece of Topanga's hair into the curler roll set, and squeezed Topanga's shoulder out of pure excitement.

Topanga's porcelain skin was glowing, and she smiled brightly as she looked at Rachel, Heather, and her mother who were helping her get ready for the big day.

"I hate him!" Shawn shouted. He stormed into the apartment with bags he threw on the table. "He's a self-centered, whining, demanding, miserable little white boy."

Heather grew concerned of Shawn's mood, hoping he would sort himself before the wedding.

"What happened," Heather asked.

"Get the tuxedos, pumice my toes, tie the cans to the car," Shawn vented. "I'm his best man, not his hamster!" He aggressively explained.

"But you got the tuxes right," Topanga asked, completely disregarding Shawn's wellbeing.

"You two deserve each other."

Heather chased after Shawn and joined him on the couch. Today was Cory's and Topanga's wedding day, and there was no way anything could wrong. As Cory's best man, Shawn knew he would have to carry the stress of the wedding organization, but Heather could tell there was something else bothering him.

"What's really going Shawn," Heather asked softly as she rubbed his back. Shawn looked down her worried brown eyes, and slowly calmed down.

"Cory is what's bothering me. I don't even know what I ever saw in him," Shawn replied.

Topanga stood up and walked towards Shawn as she passive-aggressively told him how important this day was to her. After threatening his life if he didn't get his act right, Topanga threw away her cares, and tried to enjoy her wedding day.

Heather couldn't ignore Shawn's anger, she knew Shawn couldn't be upset over fulfilling his best man's duties.

"What's really bothering you, babe?" Heather asked.

"You know, you think on his wedding day he'd realize how hard this is for me?" Shawn vented.

"For you?" Heather scoffed. "Shawn, this is Cory's and Topanga's wedding day. Can it just wait?"

"It cant! Because once they say 'I do', Cory's and mine friendship won't be the same anymore."

Heather hadn't realize how much differently Shawn's reacting the wedding compared to herself. She thought Shawn would be as joyful and excited, but instead he's already grieving his friendship with Cory once he's a married man.

"Forget about it, you wouldn't understand." Shawn said as he stormed out.

  Heather accompanied Topanga and Rachel at her bridal room at the Philadelphia Victorian Hotel. She had no idea how Cory and Topanga snagged such a beautiful venue. She adjusted Topanga's veil and tried her best to stop tears from streaming down her face. Topanga is just so beautiful, always have, but in her wedding gown, the day she's gonna marry the love of her life made Heather emotional.