Kashish

Samandar ki vo lahare ret par bikhar rahi thi...dhalte hue suraj ki roshni me uska masum chehra kuch ajaan se khushi me damak rahan tha....uski hasi ki khilkhilahat me jaise sangeet ki mithas thi..

Bahut khubsurat nahin thi vo lekin uski saadgi me jaise kuch tha jo mujhe apni taraf kheench rha tha.

Fortunately she stayed back after her friends left and I got a chance to interact with her.

"Hello", I said unable to find a better pickup line.

She looked up at me with raised eyebrows. She is trying to recognise who am I. Her confused face looked so cute, i thought.

"Hello...have we met before?", she asked.

"Hmm...I guess not. I mean yahan zyada log nahin ate. Matlab maine nahin dekha..", I said scratching my head. Clearly I suck at it. I don't know what made me made a first move. This is so unlike me.

"Han vo...actually someone told us about this beach. They told its a quiet place normally. Aap yahan aksar are hai?", she asked.

I took it as a positive sign. At least she is responding to my feeble attempts.

"Han mai almost roz ata hun yahan. It's my favourite place to spend my free time actually", I told her. Sharing a little too much.

She nodded and kept quiet. I thought of what to say next and even afraid that she will leave but she stayed.

"Yahan nayi ho?", I asked before I could stop myself.

She looked at me amusingly, "Kyu? I don't look local".

"Nahi vo...actually it's a small place and atleast I know everyone by face..so..", I tried to salvage the situation.

Clearly embarrassed I kept my mouth shut. She is smiling at me, with a puzzled look on her face.

"Are you a non vegetarian?", she asked.

"Ummm...no. I am vegetarian actually", I replied, confused with the random question.

"Hmm...I thought since you are staying in the place from quite some time. You could help me with a place with good vegetarian food", she replied with twinkle in her eyes.

"Excuse me?", I asked. Totally lost with the sudden change of topic.

"You know place like these..which are coastal areas basically. It's so hard to find good vegetarian good", she replied with a cute pout.

My God, this girl is cute like a button. I chuckled at her query.

"I do know some good places", I said with a smile.

I tried to give my best smile to her. As i am told that my smile have magnetic powers. It can make people fall for me. I wouldn't mind her getting a little attracted to me at least.

She made a note of all the places I have mentioned in her cell phone. After that she didn't left but strayed around.

I was thinking of saying something to her. She looked at me frequently as if expecting something.

Sun has set completely and it's just vestigial light on the shore. The reddish hue is changing to black.

She seems to have lost the hope and turned to return when I gathered all my strength.

"Are you going to try any place tonight?", I asked.

"May be", she replied with a mischievous smile.

"Dinner would be quite boring alone...and I am told that I am a very good company", I asked keeping my fingers crossed inside my pocket.

She smiled with a cute blush, "May be. How can I know?".

"Why don't I treat you in my favourite restaurant today and you can decide for yourself", I finally asked her out.

She chuckled and replied, "ok. Worth a try".

We smiled at each other and stayed at the same spot for sometime.

She took a few step towards me, "I am Naina, by the way".

I forwarded my hand for a handshake, "I am Rajveer. It's nice to meet you Naina!".

/* aise hi likha hai. Pata nai age likhungi ya nahin. Depends on response.

Do let me know your thoughts on this. Vote and comments are compulsory.

*/